Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recent forum shenanigans  (Read 15959 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Recent forum shenanigans
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 05:00:26 pm »
They are rather slow at bringing the coffee round though  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 05:16:40 pm »

no one can accuse Rosemary or Dan of being slow with the drinks, admittedly its predominantly tea, but there is plenty of it :-) 

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »

Lol- love it! And to be perfectly honest, I love Rosemary and Dan too  ;)

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »
As said  beautifully put Dan.........
Having read the aftermath i'm glad i'm a bit eyes wide shut
OH and i always find this to be a very forgiving helpful and well informed place to put your feet up
long may it continue :trophy:

i prefer wine.......and ice cream to coffee :eyelashes: ;)

HappyHippy

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »
I'm sorry for my outburst  :-[
Will try and be on my best behaviour from now on  ;) :fc:

I love TAS and all that it's about  :thumbsup:
Karen x

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »
Shenanigans is a wonderful word though isn't it?

I'm so glad that Dan chose it for the subject title on this post, I've had 'sheepy shenanigans' running through my head all afternoon while I tried to find errant lambs (again)  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 06:05:49 pm »
I have always thought that this board is very warm and welcoming, and in a relatively short time, I have made many internet friends.(At least I hope I have!)
I remember last year I posted something on another forum, complaining about our local hunt leading its dogs over our front garden not 50 years from our front door. I thought I may have got a bit of sympathy, all I got was abuse about how I should be ashamed of myself, how I give the Brits a bad name in France and that I was making a fuss about nothing. I was so upset as having the goats and my chooks I was obviously worried for my animal's safety as I'd previously lost chooks to a hunt dog belonging to a neighbour.
Since that episode, I have never posted on that forum, but it just goes to show how people see things so differently, however the comments made about me were way over the top, were very hurtful (and were later deleted!). Well done Dan, you are one sound bloke and you do a grand job!!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 07:18:31 pm »
Well said Dan and Rosemary from me too - I to understand the internet is not like sitting in the same room as someone and try to make allowances for that in my posting and replies and will continue to try too - on a lighter note can't wait to meet lots of you at the smaller holder show - yippie roll on September - actually not too soon I'll be yet another year older!!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »
It's a really good point that it can be very difficult to know what people really mean by their posts sometimes. I agree with what others have said that this is a lovely friendly forum and personally I  don't often bother going elsewhere these days as I've always had such excellent advice on here.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 11:13:14 pm »
I take this forum extremely seriously: that's because most others do too.  Dan & Rosemary provide a sense of ownership which makes a lot of difference.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 11:29:42 pm »
I take this forum extremely seriously: that's because most others do too.  Dan & Rosemary provide a sense of ownership which makes a lot of difference.
here here!!! :trophy: ;D
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 07:15:06 am »
This is such a great forum and mainly people are so helpful and positive.

This is what I find useful: There are the facts. Someone posted what they did. Then there is the interpretation of what they meant or the motivation behind them posting that. The interpretation isn't the fact and there is always more than one possible interpretation or motive behind it. A very good friend of mine once said 'I assume the most positive motivation possible when I don't actually know'. Which I thought was a pretty good plan  :thumbsup: Even making yourself think of other possible motivations, as well as the one you instantly 'felt', tends to calm things down.

'course, I don't always manage this - but when I remember it, things turn out better  ;)

Also:
We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:32:52 am by jaykay »

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 12:47:14 pm »
Just wanted to add - A big thanks to Dan and Rosemary, it's a great site, the first thing I look at when I switch on,
The advice and knowledge I pick up on these forums has been so useful, giving me ideas to work on and perhaps even saving animals lives. There is always someone who has been there, done that, who are gererous with their advice.
I have to admit, I'm totally confused by the 'shenanigans', I'm obviously missing something but I'm happy not to know, but it puts Dan and Rosemary in a difficult place at times, I think they handle things very well, it's deciding when to call 'stop' to a thread that must be hard.
 Perhaps the people concerned should try and think what image their posts are giving out about themselves, it can't be good all this backbiting.
I do hope I've never upset anybody, it would be unintentional if I do, I think I would prefer I quiet pm to give me the heads up so I could try and put things right.

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 12:57:36 pm »
I to think this is a great site and I have learnt an awful lot since being on here and hopefully have helped some also.
I think we have to be careful about making a sterile environment where people are wary of voicing an opinion because it might upset someone. I think it is the downside of the internet that people lose the art of talking to people in person and become rude without meaning to be. :wave:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 02:29:04 pm »
Though it's one thing to voice an opinion (politely!) and quite another to bring a personal issue on here.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS