Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Singing Shearer and Sunny Weather.  (Read 2162 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Singing Shearer and Sunny Weather.
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:44 pm »
Huzzar! Had Phil over today to do our 42 remaining ewes (I've hand sheared a few myself-it took AGES) and my instructions were to have them penned and dry. Got them penned without too much trouble and the weather turned out to be bloomin' windy but sunshiney and dry. I couldn't believe our luck. Thought soggy sheep would have definately been on the menu. They'd have tasted AWFUL  :P . Poor Phil has had so many cancellations, he's a bit fed up but he did his usual stirling job. Thanks Phil  :thumbsup:

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
Re: Singing Shearer and Sunny Weather.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:05:23 pm »
Hi,

Had Phil shear our 100 pedigree Lleyns on Monday last week for the second year.
Great job as always and we would highly recommend him to anyone who wants a pro job doing. 
Luckily we benefit from having a large enough shed to house them in from the catchy weather we have had.
Thank you! :trophy:
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:28:12 pm »
I agree. He came and sheared my small flock after one false start. All looked very smart except the one I tried to do!  Never mind, better luck next year if I can remember what to do. Well worth every penny though and will definitely use again if he comes south next year.

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:08:24 pm »
We don't have a singing shearer.... but we do have a totally handsome shearer... Swoon! We look forward to shearing the whole year round! LOL!
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS