Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Singing Shearer.....he is really good!  (Read 2209 times)

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Singing Shearer.....he is really good!
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:18:45 pm »
We have had the pleasure of a visit from Philip today and I can guarentee he is very good! Ouessants are fiddly and difficult and wriggle like a good un but he is quiet and patient and they all look good! Since we have a dearth of shearers in this area due to retirements we will book him again!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Singing Shearer.....he is really good!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:20:20 pm »
Isn't he brilliant?! He's like a sheep whisperer - my 2 ewe's loved him!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:02:10 pm »
I really like his calm, steady way with the sheep too, as well as shearing them nicely :thumbsup:

SingingShearer

• Joined Mar 2010
  • South Yorkshire
    • Singing Shearer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:54:05 pm »
Thanks Everyone for the good feedback,
Nice to meet you Val and all your helpers, who did a great job.
Hope I didn't bleed on your white fleece too much ;D and thanks for the plaster.

For anyone who is interested I now have a comments page on my website, always good to get feedback about my work (good, bad or indifferent)

Thanks,
Philip :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:07:08 am »
Yup, another fan here  :thumbsup:

Not only is he patient and kind with the sheep, he's the same with novice she-shearers!   ::)

And yes, I did do the last one myself, after you'd gone, and yes I got it off in one and no there was no blood.  Perhaps a little unorthodox in places...  :innocent: but we made it. 

Of course I won't be able to stand or walk properly for a couple of days...  ::)

Thanks so much for fitting us in at the end of a long day.  We really appreciate it.  :bouquet:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS