Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shearing today  (Read 2847 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Shearing today
« on: June 29, 2012, 06:32:06 am »
Our landlord turned up last night to round up his flock and stick them in the barn for shearing today, " might as well do yours at the same time " says he. and gathers them up , eventually , " bit bloody lively these primitives " . but he got them in and they will get done first . and he never sends a bill for  routine injections, scanning, crovex, worming , shearing, can't be bad, and I get to sell the fleeces privately.

PS:      Landlord just knocked on the door,  and had a big bag of wool over his shoulder, our sheep are back in their paddock , all done before 0900hrs, not bad,  buyer on the way to view fleaces.
Might hang on to my plastercast and go for the sympathy vote again next year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:09:34 am by tizaala »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Shearing today
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:57 am »
Tizaala, can I borrow the cast when you are done with it?  ;D ;D
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:43 am »
That's brilliant. I am in the queue to borrow the cast too Bionic.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:13:09 am »
Borrow!  BORROW ?  Good grief girls, there could be money to be made out of renting this cast out !  :innocent:

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:27 am »
Oh, good idea. Also you could put a blue flashing light and a red cross on the wheelbarrow and rent it out as an ambulance!

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 09:06:49 pm »
That's good indeed.

Can I borrow your landlord next year (wishing I'd had landlords like that)?
marcus

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:12:17 pm »
Very good  :thumbsup:

My shearer emailed late last night to say he was coming Sun, so I started sorting out my neighbour's barn and considering how I was going to get my lively primitives  ;) to it. But then they rang to say it was so wet that they wouldn't come. They're right, the sheep are sodden after the floods on Thurs and more heavy rain today, so even had I brought them in today they would still have been wet tomorrow :P

Pleeeaaaase could it stop raining - the forecast for the foreseeable future is rain  :-\

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:23 pm »
My wooled sheep are still wooly too - there have been about 2 days that would have worked but neither me nor the shearer could do those, on the plus side at least its cold and the sheep dont look unhappy. The landowner where I keep them did say I could use their haybarn, but its right next to their house and I have a distinct feeling that a night of bleating would not be much fun for them. Heres hoping it stays dry long enough next week....

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 09:10:28 pm »
One night of bleating should be okay, two nights and there could be trouble!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS