Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Clik application  (Read 3392 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Clik application
« on: May 25, 2012, 02:47:14 pm »
My Clik gun has arrived so I'm now fully prepared to treat the 3 lambs who are not for shearing this year. Will do the shearlings once the Singing Shearer has given them their haircut (or a few weeks after as they'll be low risk immediately I understand?)

The gun comes with 2 springs that for the life of me I can't imagine play a part in actual application so assume they are replacements for inner workings of the plastic gun?

Would it be prudent for me to practise with water or something first (can you tell I'm nervous about using this stuff?!)

Any tips, gratefully received. First time we've done this. Last year we had to emergency crovect and ended up doing it with a water spray bottle  ::)

I've got the weights as we only wormed the woollies a couple of weeks ago so I know the adults (when its their turn) are over 50kg and the lambs are 20kg. scary. have roped reluctant hubby in to help.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: Clik application
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:05:20 pm »
Do the springs fit on the tubing that goes between the gun and the bottle?  if so, they are tube strainers thingis that help grip the tube onto the gun & bottle ends.

And yes, practise first with water, I did.  Practise with the dose measurement that you are going to apply, then you can work out how hard you have to press the trigger to get a good steady spray.  You don't want it all coming out in one big splurge :)

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
Yes the springs go on the plastic tubing to help keep it tight onto the gun and bottle and stop any kinks. The smaller the animal the nearer the gun needs to be to get the right spray width, as per the instructions set the gun for half the dose , spine  first then tail head :farmer:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:16:34 pm »
That is brilliant. Thank you.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 09:21:53 am »
All done  :thumbsup:   thanks for the tips! Another milestone in our new life as sheep owners. Will be less nervous next time.
All made sense with the springs once we put it together - thanks shep53.  Spraying went pretty well too.
Pink suits them  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS