Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wet curing pork  (Read 10979 times)

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
Re: wet curing pork
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 09:49:22 am »
No reply from HM yet, but she does seem to have vanished off the radar recently.  Such a pity, her stories and advice were absolutely priceless, I wonder what she is up to now?   Please dont be embarrassed Suziequeue, at the moment I am not at all sure which of the two salt concentrations was the original correct one, but it is interesting that Lillian uses 185 g per litre, closer to the lower figure.   Tamsaddle

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 02:33:58 pm »
Well I think the original one on the forum from Hilary's Mum was 140g as you pointed out. Then I IM'd her and the recipe she sent back was 340gm. When I checked again just before making the cure up, I put 340gm and that did not raise any comment....... And I would have used 340gm in the recipe. Turned out fine.

This year (we only have wearers every other year) I will do two - one with 140gm and one with 340gm.... And get the family to do a taste test at Christmas
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »
Good idea - best way to decide which of the two is tastier !!  Tamsaddle

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS