Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I am gutted  (Read 16336 times)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: I am gutted
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:00 am »
Amazing what love can do :thumbsup:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »
She has got very demanding - shouting for her food, then her water, then her hay.  I tried telling her there are a lot of other animals to be fed, but she looked up at me, as if to say "but I am ill, so deal with me NOW!"
  :D Naughty girl  :love:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »
I have even been warming her water slightly to take off the chill ........Pampered or what?!!!

Whenever it gets cold mine stop drinking the cold water ... not sure if that's pampering them, they won't drink unless it's lukewarm... not much choice really...

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2012, 08:57:46 pm »
Great news Roxy....I don't drink cold water when its cold out either....nothing wrong with creature comforts :love:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 12:05:38 am »
I have even been warming her water slightly to take off the chill ........Pampered or what?!!!

Whenever it gets cold mine stop drinking the cold water ... not sure if that's pampering them, they won't drink unless it's lukewarm... not much choice really...

Been reading about this in the last few days apparently goats can not use the water in their systems until it reaches body temp. So they are using energy to warm the water, so when ill or cold they are using reserves needed for other things as well as causing a delay in re hydration
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Sandy

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2012, 12:07:51 am »
Thats interesting, its sometimes quite hard to drink very cold water for humans too  unless its a hot day or you are very thirsty!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS