Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: no rain here!  (Read 13880 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: no rain here!
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:03 pm »
we had a cloud burst or something like that cuz we had 1 1/2 inches last night! puddles and wet ground everywhere! excellent!!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »
We have had sleet off and on today, its rather cold.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »
We have had sleet off and on today, its rather cold.

we just had a mad storm pass over, plenty of the wet stuff too!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »
so since i started this thread it has only stopped raining for about 10 minutes! it looks like it might be floods now. oh it would be funny if it wasn't so worrying! couldn't be better for the garden though. everything has shot up but that means the weeds have too!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
Totally torrential here since lunchtime.  Forecast to continue for next 2 days.
Hoping the bags of potatoes don't flood  :-\

Wishing we'd bought the larger water butt now !

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47:23 pm »
This year we seem so far to have got the timing about right for spraying and re-seeding the pasture.  I even got round with the slitter so the rain that's now falling should be going properly into the ground.   Last year was the opposite: we had two fields re-seeded in April only to have two and a half months with no rain and they stayed brown.

Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 05:01:37 am »
Well we have had rain these last few days but I am not sure what was hitting our roof at 04:00 this morning but it was loud - We converted our loft into a bedroom with Velux windows - sure we can see the stars but the "rain" was arf loud on the metal flashing around the 3 windows - been up since 4:30 so I my get 2 breakfasts today thanks to the rain.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 09:31:25 am »
we have sun today! looks like the grass has grown 6" in the last few days. the new apple trees look very happy for a drink. all in all a good amount of rain and well happy!

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 10:34:11 am »
Its going to be like this till the end off april. And a bad week end is forcast not good need to move stock.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:49 am »
Its going to be like this till the end off april. And a bad week end is forcast not good need to move stock.

think you may be right, no sun now pouring with rain now!

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 02:29:11 pm »
been waiting all day for it to stop long enough to start work. here come the rain again!

never easy eh!

Mel

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 06:50:52 pm »
It has been like this for four days here,tired of it,the place is a quagmire! :-\

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »
we have had inches of rain over the last few days but now we have very strong winds whipping around. i have a mate in Chamonix and he has 120kph winds tonight.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:09 am »
Fed up = gales and rain again this morning. I just want to get outside for longer than the 5 min bouts to collect Logs, feed the ducks and  chickens and collect the eggs.
" pigs arrive today so 6 inches of mud due by tomorrow afternoon !
More decorating of the spare room I suppose. >:(
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »
all about to start again here Mak had a nice day today but back to gales and rain tomorrow!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS