Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: no rain here!  (Read 13881 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: no rain here!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »
still raining! oh yes!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:13:11 pm »
Hail here  ::)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 11:39:36 am »
Blizzards onite, rain & sleet this am, aforementioned seeded paddocks now flooded >:( seed floating!!
very cold suppose should be glad eveything has had a good dowsing. Daffs & spring pots looking bedraggled!
mandy  :pig:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »
Snowing since 5am here in Mid Wales and a bitter wind.

Well I suppose it will melt and we did need some water.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 05:09:10 pm »
well we have had very little rain TBH, well under an inch it seems to be all around us but not dropping here!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 08:42:06 pm »
Well they forecasted storms and  heavy rain for today (Limousin France) BUT still no rain and a drying wind in the sun. Had to water the garden again and the ducks water looks terrible.
can anyone send a link that shows me how to do a rain dance.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 01:59:15 pm »
could do with the same here Mak, it rained hard and we got about a inch but the ground is still very dry and we need alot more!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »
Now we have a forecast of dry with sun until a risk of storms ( risque d'orages  ;D ) on Wednesday. Same as last weeks forecast that was wrong.
Fortunately I can get water from a stream still as the spring is just above us. I have taken to try and water a bit of the dust bowl left by our last pigs in the hope that something will grow for the pigs that arrive in a few weeks.Farmers are delivering water to their cattle down the road here - I would rather see the village turn out to herd the cattle into the lake from where theyare taking water. That would be a site as the old lady on a crutch is normally the supervisor when the move cattle from field to field past our door.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:07 am »
been raining on and off now for 2 days and tomorrow is a washout or so they say.  :thumbsup:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 09:34:54 pm »
Thanks for that ChairmanPhil - grass at our back door is dead hanging on in the dust - the stream is just a trickle and I am fed up of carrying watercans.
On the plus side i am collecting loads of dry fire wood and T shirts don't take much washing or drying in the sun. 
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 10:05:27 am »
Thanks for that ChairmanPhil - grass at our back door is dead hanging on in the dust - the stream is just a trickle and I am fed up of carrying watercans.
On the plus side i am collecting loads of dry fire wood and T shirts don't take much washing or drying in the sun.

now we have near flood conditions. raining hard as i type and going to rain all week or so they say!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 12:55:04 pm »
Hope you get trench foot !  ;D

just joking!

overcast but no rain. a neighbour tells me that it rained 15 km away - wow wee !
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »
Hope you get trench foot !  ;D

just joking!

overcast but no rain. a neighbour tells me that it rained 15 km away - wow wee !

had trench foot at a festival once.........horrible! hope you get a drink soon MAK, good luck with the dance!  :D

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 07:18:09 pm »
been pouring with rain all day. we have puddles in the lanes and all the water butts are full and the garden happy

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 07:28:02 pm »
Yes - we had some - a few showers ! So pleased until I tried to dig up a leek for dinner - still can't get a spade in the ground and dust fell off the roots when I hit it. Think we need a few days worth.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS