Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the news today.  (Read 14545 times)

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
Re: the news today.
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 09:18:34 am »
Sandy, they are not looking for people speeding or throwing rubbish.
This is the trouble people read all the rubbish on the net from all the scaremongers and idiots and come to all sorts of conclusions. It is to monitor serious crime and if you all really thought about it that is a good thing.
Certain people want to get out of the woods more often they are getting paranoid. ;)
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 09:41:05 am »
im not paranoid, they really are out to get you :D

all this assumes you are happy with the way our government is run right now, tbh im quite happy with it myself, but what about in the future? if, in the future the government does something you are not happy with and you want to organize a justified peaceful protest, this legislation could be used to track your conversations and movements. that is what happens in iran. and that is what im not happy about. this legislation is being put in place while we are all quite happy, what happens when we are not.

i think im done here, you can either see it or you cant, im happy to have just flagged this one up and maybe got a few people to sign the petitions and think a bit about it. i was going to say something about the berk in berkshire, but thought better of it ;) :o ::)

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:22 am »
I've been called worse usually by my better half. :D
The pigs are Berkshires and I'm in Wales. ;)

I do see where you are coming from but the problem for the powers that be is when do you bring this sort of legislation in. No good doing it when the proverbial has hit the fan better pre armed surely.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:04:09 am by Berkshire Boy »
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 11:57:46 am »
I understand they are having second thoughts about it anyway due to the backlash from  various quarters! ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 12:39:49 pm »
I suppose one good thing if its passed, all the people who are actualy not commiting crimes will be able to back up thier alibies....I wonder if that would be the case? I very much  doubt it..

I am not paranoid at all as its been going on for years its just easier to aquire info now, I know the police used to gather as much info on  people in thier community as possible, thats good but now more info can be collected with ease, to me thats a worry, what they do with it, and although they are after the major criminals, the information about petty crimes will be found so some one has to make the decision not to act on what they find...for every big criminal there is a whole army of small ones......

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2012, 02:00:42 pm »
Is this true - that my local police force know all about me?  i don't think so.  Even the Community Bobby doesn't know my name!  But the people in the Co-op, hairdresser, Council office, surgery, chemist, post office, and takeaways all know me as the lady with the ducks and chickens and dogs. ;D ;D ;D   I'm not sure that there is that much petty crime - if there is I never see it.  Mind you, you have a birds eye view of all goings on in Clackmannan. ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »
Have you seen the film Enemy of the State, watch it and make up your own mind.

Sandy

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2012, 04:35:45 pm »
 ::) not on about Clackmannan although you just have to see the headlines of the local paper about Alva?, lots of small and big criminals around here, one owns most of the rental market and shops in the area but also does a lot for charity!! Everywhere just about has small criminals, from selling illegal tabacco to stolen stuff and as for the police knowing your name, they would soon know your name if they needed to, I do know they collect as much info as possible on people but of course names of most people will not be remembered unless you are "KNOWN" to them  ;)   

Just added this link  https://www.facebook.com/alloaadvertiser

Being in the village center means nothing, just see and hear the fights but I keep myself to myself and am not interested in others business just mine.....I like my privacy and do not like the government or others to be digging into it and passing info on either....however, it happens and will always happen unless you take yourself off the radar!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:00:22 pm by Sandy »

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 11:09:12 pm »
Gosh peeps do seem to be getting exceedingly hot under the collar  about very little .

I understand that the legislation is to bring us into the 21 century to cover various new methods of communication being used by criminals and those who want to see us return to the 14 century .

It will still need a legal eagal to grant the survelance and it will actually be fully recorded as to what is being done and leave a paper trail or three.

I for one would be most happy for any one to find & check all my many thousands of friends and aquaintances there's bound to be the odd rotten egg in there somewhere.

What I'm happy for is that legislation is hoped to prevent some smarmy solicitor for the defence  protesting that  looking up on  his clients & their pals is illegal and thus a guilty set of murders get off scott free because of a legal technicality and then they do it again and again whilst laughing at the UK citizens .

Getting legal access to the coms of known nasities and crooks should prove very good in clipping their wings .

Those that are using encripts and flash high speed packets are already on the radars , now it's the turn of the rank and file .
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:13:02 pm by Plantoid »
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 12:23:59 am »
Arguing against myself I don't think this is very little.  Remember the loyal labour party member who was arrested under the terrorism stuff at their conference a few years back.  Pass a law and some busybody will misuse it.

Don't see how my human rights can be infringed while real terrorists have theirs protected by the EU.  This does bother me but I can't see a good solution
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 09:19:05 am »
What about a Christian not allowed to wear a Cross to work in-case it offends. it seems to be that our rights are slowly disappearing wither we like it or not.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 09:56:26 am »
What about a Christian not allowed to wear a Cross to work in-case it offends. it seems to be that our rights are slowly disappearing wither we like it or not.

simple i work for me, crosses and all other christian symbolism are welcome in the work place... i even work on churches occasionally...

if it offends people they can *@!! off!!!

Sandy

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 11:11:19 am »
Interesting that I watched a police search and peoples comments almost as it happend on my Facebook page, people get out of hand, Chinese whispers and can cause big problems...I followed some people when the riots were in London as I have a friend who could not get out her flat as their was a fire on the ground floor...problems with modern tec. is we can cause more problems instantly and blow things out of proportion!!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 11:41:24 am »
Crosses and Christians ?
That is a difficult one - as a non christian but someone believing in g_d I do find that a large cross on an exposed chest rather "in my face" but then there are other religions in the UK that require heads to be covered or hair not to show- some even have to wear their dagger.
I don't think that you should or can restrict religious symbols, dress or custom unless there is a blanket ban for all. If we banned the cross then do we ban the nun's habit.
France banned the burqa and niqab on the basis that is was an affront to woman and was sexually discriminative. So now medical masks are worn - just like those worn by the Japanese when they have a cold. I think there are just a few court cases pending but the nationalist in France ( strong national front) attack woman who cover their face because they are "enforcing the law". Just like the muslims attack jews wearing a kippah.
If all religious symbols, clothing and behaviours were legally banned then imagine the licence extremists would have in attacking those people they have a fundamental hate for.Many have forsaken their religious "attire" because they feel that they stand out and will be the next victim of intolerance or hatered. Maybe then that is the solution - a few years of hell for everyone then all those with a faith may then stop wearing the cross,niqab,turban, wig or kippah.  Simples.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS