Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the news today.  (Read 14543 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: the news today.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »
Ever watched the film the Matrix, we are getting more like that every day.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:21 pm »
Signed too.

It's ironic isn't it - by trying to stop terrorists, the Government are becoming even more repressive and controlling. The terrorists have therefore won, without lifting a finger, by getting our own Government to do their work for them  ::)

anderso

• Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »
When will we learn -  we have had anti terrorism laws for many years (remember Northern Irland) and they worked ok. most of this latest stuff is typical USA panic!!!

dont keep your media on --- get a group of your freinds as far away from you as possible ( I have someone in Hongkong and New Zealand ) to post your simcards to each other that will upset the powers

when the revolution comes it will be a co-op

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »
Well what else are they going to waste all our taxes on if not mad arse ideas like this.

Terrorism is only a problem if you annoy people by killing thier friends and family.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »
Did you lot not notice the date of the leaked info ;)
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 05:29:51 pm »
that doesnt mean its not happening

heres the better petition
https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/32400

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:14 pm »
If you are not doing anything wrong what is the problem? You all see a conspiracy around every corner.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 06:48:40 pm »
if your happy to have your kids grow up in a society that tracks and monitors every citizen then move to iran or china. me, i would like to hold onto a bit of freedom. evil only thrives when the good do nothing.

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 07:01:14 pm »
Get real you are tracked and monitored all the time you have a mobile in your pocket and on many occasions that saves lives. These things get put in the press and blown up out of all proportion, most of what the papers print is fiction.

Sandy

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »
BB, trouble is, a lot of people may do the odd thing on the net and therefore become criminals but those who are major players in the crime stakes are far too clever and will be posting letters in code  ::) ::)
My hubby used to work next to a bomb factory in leics (whops now they will be looking at him so must not buy any suspect ingredients like custard powder or weed killer :o )He got on very well and chatted and went to the shop etc, nothing sinister but not hard to become suspisiouse.....Use the wrong terms and people think you mean something else..I worked in Drug advice and now not up to date with current trends in words used but I put something on FB and some one else I know in the drug field thought I meant illegal substances.....bit like saying you are going to buy grass seeds but you actualy mean the stuff you cut with a lawn mower!!!!  I know my daughter worked as a chemist in a whole sale distribution and had to alert police if people ordered certain stuff!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 07:37:18 pm »
So, be extra careful next time, Womble  ;)  You are being watched  ;)  ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Smalltime

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »
so according to the news all day today, our government are about to pass a law that will mean they are legally allowed to track every call and text u make. by law, details of the phone number calling and the number called has to be stored by the phone operator. all  web activity will also be stored, indeed it HAS to be stored by law. soooo theyll know where u are and know who your talking to, and have it all on record. to read or hear the content of those calls theyll need a warrant.
 this is the biggest infringment of our human rights so far.

probably why galloway got in, a handy distraction, oh and a fuel 'crisis'

Didn't you know they can do all of that already if they suspect you are involved in criminal activity? The only difference is that the phone companies have to store the data now for a period of time. Its hardly news.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 07:44:21 pm »
Get real you are tracked and monitored all the time you have a mobile in your pocket and on many occasions that saves lives. These things get put in the press and blown up out of all proportion, most of what the papers print is fiction.

the issue i have is that this will be recorded and stored, as a legal requirement. how will what i did 6 months ago save a life? thats always the argument trundled out alongside terrorism.
this goes much deeper, maybe you should do your own research.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 07:47:14 pm »
so according to the news all day today, our government are about to pass a law that will mean they are legally allowed to track every call and text u make. by law, details of the phone number calling and the number called has to be stored by the phone operator. all  web activity will also be stored, indeed it HAS to be stored by law. soooo theyll know where u are and know who your talking to, and have it all on record. to read or hear the content of those calls theyll need a warrant.
 this is the biggest infringment of our human rights so far.

probably why galloway got in, a handy distraction, oh and a fuel 'crisis'

Didn't you know they can do all of that already if they suspect you are involved in criminal activity? The only difference is that the phone companies have to store the data now for a period of time. Its hardly news.

my point exactly. it becomes a presumption of guilt for the whole populace, ive no problem with criminals being watched, but not everyone!!

Smalltime

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
Frankly, if you have nothing to hide it will not make any difference, no-one is going to go poking through your emails and phone calls unless they suspect something serious, like drug trafficking or terrorism. If someone is involved and that now means we can actually get enough evidence on file from historical records to put them away, i aint that bothered.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS