Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the news today.  (Read 14544 times)

deepinthewoods

the news today.
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »
so according to the news all day today, our government are about to pass a law that will mean they are legally allowed to track every call and text u make. by law, details of the phone number calling and the number called has to be stored by the phone operator. all  web activity will also be stored, indeed it HAS to be stored by law. soooo theyll know where u are and know who your talking to, and have it all on record. to read or hear the content of those calls theyll need a warrant.
 this is the biggest infringment of our human rights so far.

probably why galloway got in, a handy distraction, oh and a fuel 'crisis'

Mel

Re: the news today.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »
OMG,is there no privacy at all,this really worries me,not that I have anything to hide but it is taking away more freedom-like are we not already jumping to their tunes anyway! >:(

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:08 pm »
That's appalling.  What is the purpose of it?

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:40:53 pm »
anti terrorism laws is their given reason

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 05:17:58 am »
That's just disgraceful. If the records are there someone will look at them who shouldn't  - the Leveson enquiry has only just happened!
What's wrong with getting a warrant to record if they have enough suspicion someone is doing things that are dangerous.

I don't think they'll pass it, so many of them are arranging dodgy deals, sleeping with their aides - they'd be a newspaper's dream!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:34 am »
It's all a big ploy to make you write letters and buy overpriced stamps. greedy interfering basta.......rds. STORE THAT.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:08 am »
They'd fall asleep listening in to my 'phone calls etc ::) Though I agree, Big Brother has you firmly by the short and curlies!!!!! Wouldn't this be an infringement of our human rights or something? Mind you it would save writing to the papers with complaints about the Government, you'd just have to 'phone your sister and tell her what a load of brainless pillocks they all are ;)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:21:45 am »
There does come a point where the things we are asked to do to prevent terrorist desires to turn us into an unfree oppressive regime kind of make us into....oooh an unfree oppressive regime.....hmmmm kind of means they win without firing a shot!

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 08:43:15 am »
Its going to be a costly business, maybe we will each get a rating system like on here, stars for looking at nice things and sending E Mails that are too family and friends etc.  I am very easy to follow indeed BUT, I stopped offering WI FI here as people were downloading too much and now matter how many signed agreements I had from t hem, if they were planning a mass raid on the net, it would show up as my server ::)

Years ago I was told there were trigger words that set off checks when you mentioned them on the phone.....well, if we do all start writting letters again they will also have a system of logging where they are going to and from!!!! 

Nothing to hide either but some times things can go wrong...you never every know....I know some one who will be blowing a gasket........RUSTY!!!!!!!!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »
Wouldn't this be an infringement of our human rights or something?

Unfortunately there is no right to privacy  ::)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 06:09:41 pm »
the irony is, that all this is only possible because of the technology we all carry with us and use day to day. russ has got the right idea and i can see a time when ill be off grid too.
 15 years ago hardly anyone had a mobile phone or pc, strangely, we all coped. in fact i think human interaction was more common and life felt more real.

something ive noticed is now everyone pays for stuff by chip and pin, people hardly talk to the shop staff they just look at the machine and tap in their pin. cash involved actually physically handing something to someone, 

robert waddell

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 06:17:46 pm »
it does not matter what political party are in power  it is the security services that want it  and they are there irrespective of what party is in power this was talked about when labour were in power just another thing to support the revolution
yes cash is the invisible power just to bad you can not use it for everything  try buying a plane ticket with cash :farmer:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 08:10:30 pm »
My gasket blew a long time ago Sandy , almost nothing they do shocks me now .
 Yep , the very reason that i am going off grid Dave , had enough of the insane clampdown on liberties , freedom and money , that are blamed on terrorism or the defecit , total crap !
The reign of the controling elite is near it's peak , where do they go from there ?
That crackpot Obuma just signed an executive order on march 16th , stating that he 'HE', can confiscate all food needed for human survival , plus any machinery needed to produce it , plus any land needed to grow it , plus any person fit enough can be consripted into the military or those not fit enough , used for any purpose deemed necessary by him or his executive secretaries !
The order in fact means he can do what he wants , when he wants , total tyranny .
He signed that eo directly after Camerom's 3 day visit ! , and now this over here !
 The opening moves have been made .

So it begins !

deepinthewoods

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS