Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: rabbit proof peas!  (Read 8117 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: rabbit proof peas!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »
nice beds! look forward to seeing the results of tomorrow! got me thinking now! :D
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 11:58:34 pm »
Phil,
 The guy with the material didn't turn up ..he rang tonight and say things will be here tomorrow .
I've dismantled all the cane stuff and made a sort of frame from a full set of a kaput superlight weight caravan fibreglass awning support rods .

The uprights of the frame are  my old chimney sweep rods that has a steel square drive /locator spigot on the end . This spigot has been use to hammer a bit of blue water pipe onto it ,the pipe was prevoiusly cut end on with two cuts wide enough to sit the support rod into the slot , the I wired them in place with stripped down copper wire out of some old house wiring cable ( 2.5 mm T& E ) .

Will take pictures and closeup tomorrow ( Wednesday ) .. didn't bother yesterday as it was peeing down most of the day .
Today's excuse is ... " I was doing other things . ;) "
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:02:33 am by Plantoid »
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:51:15 am »
"i was doing other things darling" i like that one i may be using it in the future!  :D
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 10:29:32 am »
Great pictures of the 2 "pest" constructions. We have semi wild rabbits in the next village that escaped from the a hutch but fortunately we just don't see them hereabouts. Mice and a mouse/squirrel thing are our pests - the tunnel of course so any tips on how to construct an underground net would help.
the buggers came up under the tomatoes I planted out last week - trashed.
A little white Westie thinks she is far too "pretty" to get herself dirty digging them up. We can buy explosives but a detonator and dynamite costs about 5 Euro a shot.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 01:26:39 pm »
just waiting for the photos to download. my rabbit defence has worked very well so far.!

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 01:44:46 pm »
so this was taken this morning,

and the tops taste great too!  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS