Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Toggenburg Wethers - would anyone like one?  (Read 12559 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Toggenburg Wethers - would anyone like one?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »
Oh Dear, you do have some trouble with your feet don't you (BTW how are the toes?).
What happened? OH broke his 2 years ago, just slipped on some grass. If he'd carried on putting weight on it it could have moved and been a lot worse, SO GET TO THAT A&E! (Isn't that what you would tell others they should do?)  :)
I know it's difficult, but try and think what the males will be like in a year or so, unless they are going to be company for a nanny (or a racehorse?) they don't have much going for them as pets, some breeders have them destroyed at birth so they don't end up being shunted around, Toggs are a lot bigger and stronger than pygmies!
I think you should train them to harness and deliver soap on a cart pulled by 2 goats  ;D.
Anyway be positive, could be all girls yet, mine both had 2 females last year. Though I can guarantee mine will be all males this year because I found a registered Togg male for them. (due in 2 weeks, getting excited now, but don't care what they have has long as things go OK, fingers crossed.
6 new replies just while I was typing mine! I'll post anyway
He probably knows you'll get too attached to them and won't be able to let them go.
but you still need to get that foot looking at, no friendly neighbours who could help out somehow?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 09:20:28 pm »
Yes, I know you're right. we've already got one wether and he's huge so another would be daft. the 3 day option probably is best all round but it would be nice to have a girl to show for it all.

the chilblains finally went with the help of snowfire - there are some sore area's on 2 toes but not a patch on what I was suffering! oh and bought some muck boots, they really help too!
have taken some anti inflammatories, foot elevated now the lambs are fed for the night (early feed because I had to tonight due to the girls all being awake) and I will see how it is morning. if still bad will get a lift to hospital  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54:12 pm »
I might be in Worcestershire next Fri/Sat/Sun if I am I'll pm you and if you want I can come help out and do heavy stuff for you!

Swing by minchinhampton for a cuppa and see the kitten:-)
Too many animals isn't enough animals!

Moderate tendencies towards hyperactivity :-)

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »
when he sees how adorable the kids are, whatever sex, he may just change his mind. My husband (also not a natural born animal-lover) is besotted. Mind you, they did climb on to his lap for a cuddle - who could resist?

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »
Big hugs

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:42 pm »
Just browsing and saw your post, one of those too much moments!! We all have them but some worse than others, too much too look after indeed, I can see that one may cause a row and all the other crap on top......you have loads of good friends that will support you and us on virtual world will also do what we can......it can be hard some times!!!!!  :bouquet:

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 01:54:24 pm »
HOpe you have been to A&E, like Happyhippy says, if left you will have problems forever and when you getting on it will be harder..I have found that one out!!

Hope your hubby has seen sense, men and women think soooo differently,,we all need mediators on occasion, I was mad with my hubby yesterdaya s we went shopping and he looked so vacant and i was in so much pain, with no money either it was not worth the effort!!!! We do not always say exactly what we are feeling so, hope things are at least improving!!!!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 11:33:47 pm »
Hope he's walked back in by now and taken you to A&E.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 06:59:21 am »
He has walked back in, things are calmer but still not good. Foot not broken (thank goodness - I would have struggled to cope on this hills, even the lambs paddock is on quite a steep gradient!) but badly bruised so painkillers and a tight bandage and It feels much better. Can't get my muck boots on though as they are too tight so its UGGS every where  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sandy

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:17 am »
I bet you will not take advice to rest it? mind you its hard with animals and children anyway, hope things improve as the sun comes out!!! :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 09:18:23 am »
I slept for 3 hours yesterday afternoon which was weird! must be painkillers. today is much better but still can't get my boots on, never mind - could be worse!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 11:20:44 pm »
At least it's improving and can only get better.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »
Thank you MGOM  :)

very much better today. I posted a pic on facebook yesterday as even I hadn't realised how bruised it was and how much of my foot was covered in this green/grey/purple mass.
I have learnt my lesson  ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:36 pm »
Good to hear.  Hope things are better with OH as well.  Mine reminds me at intervals that the goats are only here because I want them and that he helps me because I need help, not because he wants to.

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 08:18:07 am »
Good to hear.  Hope things are better with OH as well.  Mine reminds me at intervals that the goats are only here because I want them and that he helps me because I need help, not because he wants to.

You are lucky he helps. Mine reminds me the goats and  horses are mine, my idea. He does nothing to help, not even with the land

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS