Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Oh dear..now the trouble starts.  (Read 2026 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Oh dear..now the trouble starts.
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:40:52 pm »
So there was I happily ironing away this afternoon, when I heard a bleating outside. It was much louder than usual so I sent my hubby out to investigate. Both Toby and Billy had escaped and were calling for us to come out and play with them. We found out that they had forced the netting down and jumped over, crushing it down. We then mended it, put in some more posts to strengthen it, fed the boys and put them in their house just shutting the bottom stable door as it was still light and quite warm. Two minutes later, Billy was out, he'd just jumped straight over the door like a harrier jump jet.
Im a bit worried now, as we are going to be out tomorrow morning at the hospital. I just hope that if we shut the gates to the property, if they do go out they wont go awol looking for us!
Cheeky little monkeys! I still cant stop laughing about it.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Oh dear..now the trouble starts.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »
Ours will pop over half doors for the hell of it so I made a mesh top door so they can look out and be ventilated without being able to escape,  A bit of stock fence on a frame will do to contain them from jumping out.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »
little b*ggers!
They obviously think they should live in the house, afterall they are part of the family ;)
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:15:26 pm »
I would keep them inside if you are out, it is safer not just if they get out on the road, but also get into other gardens and eat things like rhododendron...

Time to train them to electric fence I guess...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »
Sounds like they're related to Cloud.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »
Well if nothing else I've found my goats challenge my DIY skills - everythings find a solution till the next event!!  :) :)
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS