Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Extreme knitting  (Read 2373 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Extreme knitting
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:30:16 am »
I am becoming totally hooked on extreme knitting.  I made a scarf for my granddaughter and am now making a garment called a Cuddle (Big Sticth Knitting by becca smith) which looks a lot like the shawls that ellisr makes.

I'm looking froward to getting my new, longer needles so I can make a rug or three.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: Extreme knitting
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:35:04 pm »
strangely the cuddle is very similar to the pattern I have written except I increase and decrease at the start of my rows and my stitches are slightly different but I change them to the type of wool you are using.
Just a bit of advice for that type is use 6 yarns plus some king of soft furry yarn and it gives a thick warm finish and if I remember rightly  it gives you measurements of something like 40 inches but when you get to the require number of stitches on the increase then just knit plain until the straight bit is the width of your back then start your decrease.

I would use bigger needles for the shawl as well just for ease as it does get a bit bulky half way through.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »
I'm finding that out.  I'm knitting with 16 strands of 4 ply - five dark grey, five mid grey and six red.  It's looking quite effective.

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:10:40 pm »
got 2 knitting books now......just need the needles, what size do you suggest???

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »
If you are extreme knitting you will need 24-25mm if you look in marketplace I sell wood ones

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:11 am »
Just realised that I can't count.  I intended using 16 strands but am in fact using 18.  Going to try 15 for the next one.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS