Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: water help  (Read 1990 times)

jolouliles

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Yorkshire
water help
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:31 pm »
hello i am new i was just wondering if anyone had knowledge of an issue i have !!! we own a small holding and we have access to this via a private lane (track) down the edge of field. we do not have a mains water supply i was sure that there was some legislation that that if you need access to water for livestock that you could put it in.. we have offered to dig up the side of the track where there is a 1/2 meter strip of grass that's never been used within the day lay the pipe and make good (as before) and repair the track at the same time... still the answer is no... the water board have said that the connection is at the top of this 200 meter track and i have access down the track i am responsible for maintaining the track does anyone know if he can say no ? or what i have to do to get water to my live stock... please help

robert waddell

Re: water help
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:06:26 pm »
do you own the track    if not and your property is land locked  you are at the mercy of the landowner
it depends on how desperate you are to get mains water and how much the landowner wants :farmer:

digit

• Joined Sep 2009
  • near Swansea
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »
Couldn't you put a bore hole on your small holding, i know it could be expensive, but it can save you on water rates and the hassle.

jolouliles

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:13:34 pm »
you need electric to power a bore hole and we don't have that either.... we do not own the land we do have access down it and we are responsible for the maintenance.... i thought there was a policy that said if you need access to mains water you can connect to it.... any ideas

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS