Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What other animals do you have?  (Read 8883 times)

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: What other animals do you have?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 09:35:12 pm »
2 Burmese cats one black lab and a husband! ;D
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:20 pm »
Our tiny menagerie consists of
2 hamsters Haggis- a man eating syrian and Vladimere -  a tiny chinese one, also a man eater
2 rabbits Crumpet and Waffle
2 gerbils, Mini and Molly
3 dogs Ozzy GWP 18 weeks, Arnie GSPxGSP, Wilf Cocker Spaniel
tonnes of fish various breeds

and sometimes a cat depending on her mood, she visits all the houses on the farm in turn  ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:30 pm »
cats, dogs, rabbits, hamster and a guinea pig whose here on his holidays!

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »
Little blue; yes the black beauties eat privet, they also eat evergreen honeysuckle and they have had a go at some box and ivy too. I've found that they'll eat what they like and leave what they don't. They are not as bad as other livestock that'll have a nibble at poisonous stuff because it's there  :)
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »
We have
5 Dales Ponies
3 Fell ponies
1 Dartmoor x Shetland
1 Irish Draught horse.

Most of the ponies are broken to harness, and can turn ther hand to farm work when needed.

5 dogs - one huge German Shepherd, Talisker, his son, Twyford, and his grandchildren, Flo, Ted and Tyler.

1 guard llama for the poultry.

1 castrated tup, Shetland, Bertie ....who goes in the stable every night with the Dartmoor .....Bertie is a very old man ;D

montana

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 07:58:23 am »
Two shih tzus, two western trained horses and Stella the farm cat.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 08:47:24 am »
Hmm, not sure whether a stud of Highland ponies counts as smallholding or not but just in case I'll say I have 14 of them including stallion, breeding mares and youngstock.

And 4 cats who are a vital part of the smallholding being the resident mouse and bunny catchers.

I've previously had hamsters, tanks of all kinds of tropical fish (love guppies!) and when young had dogs tho never my own as an adult.  I also used to be into falconry/hawking and dated a falconer for a while which was great but just watch the wild ones overhead now ;)  I have a bit of a yen for a snake but am trying not to accumulate any more pets, only productive livestock..
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

TheBurkers

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 05:19:08 pm »
Sorry, what is a black beauty please? I googled it but got a lot of dubious dating sites  :D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 07:02:37 pm »
Sorry, what is a black beauty please? I googled it but got a lot of dubious dating sites  :D
:D
stick insect!

Little Blue

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:46:49 pm »
I bet you did, typing in black beauties  ;D I can't remember what their latin name is though.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »
they are sooo cool!
I'll be looking out for eggs when the weather improves (my work room is freezing, thats why they had to come home with me!) :)
Little Blue

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 09:18:14 pm »
We have 3 dogs and 3 cats, 4 land snails, fish and 11 guinea pigs- had 5 adults but naughty Sprout go in with the girls, and so mummy pig had 6 babies Sunday night.

Am a vet nurse so flat usually filled with waifs and strays. Usually have at least a dog and cat out in foster looking for a home, our flat full so foster them out. Don't have anything on the go at the moment thank god!
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS