Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What other animals do you have?  (Read 8884 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
What other animals do you have?
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:57:01 pm »
Non smallholding or farm type animals. As a family we've got a hamster, several neon tetra fish, siamese fighting fish, black moor fish, 1 spotted salamander, 1 tiger salamander, 1 axolotl, stick insects and guinea pigs. :D Most of the exotic critters belong to my son, he is a bit odd  ;) I do feel a bit sorry for my OH as he was brought up on a dairy farm but had no pets so is not used to a houseful of creatures.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
Re: What other animals do you have?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:00:23 pm »
I have 27 ferrets! rabbit catchers and comedians all rolled into one.
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:01:21 pm »
I have a Bengal Eagle Owl and a buzzard (both legal before I get told off) Poopy the Owl came from Leeds as a fluffy ball of fluff and Sky the buzzard I got from Aberdeenshire before I knew where Aberdeenshire was!!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:39:52 pm »
Sapphire (Saffy) the budgie.  She's actually turquoise.  I wanted to get a blue one but my granddaughter, whose turn it was to choose, picked her.  Our budgies are always named after precious stones.  We've had Zircon, Emerald, etc so I thought we could call her Turquoise until I realised what it would be shortened to.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:10:27 am »
A ginger non-tom,; 4 show/work gundogs; one tank with three fancy goldfish and a tropical tank with 3 neon tetras, 3 autos, and god knows how many guppys including one outstanding male with a beautiful huge orange and black tail, and a lovely blonde female, babies appear every now and then, presumably the ones that have survived the jaws of their elders. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

nickif

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 08:39:25 am »
We currently have a Kune Kune pig, 7 ducks, 1 chicken, 2 rabbits, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 3 African Pygmy hedgehogs, 1 cockatiel and a pony.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:41 am »
I suppose only my (quick head count!) 7 female & one male guinea pigs and one rabbit count as "other animals"
as the four cats are chief rat-catchers (well, three of them are, one is just for entertainment!!)
and the german shepherd eats burglars, given half a chance!

we have had stick insects and fish in the past.
Brijjy, what "make" are yours?
Ours were Indian, I kept them at school and had to bring them home in the long & cold holidays, so we kept the babies.
Keep meaning to get some more...
Little Blue

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 10:35:42 am »
We've got 3 cats, a huge German Shepherd - Boris and 4 kids (of the human variety  :D)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 11:13:52 am »
1 black cat and 1black dog (minature poodle).  I have 3 very big koi carp in a pond but am leaving them behind when I move.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 11:25:26 am »
2 cats, a house rabbit (white lion lop, pink eyes) and a senegal parrot called Paddy who is very loud!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49:49 am »
little blue, we've got a tank of Indian stick insects and a tank of Black Beauties. The black really are lovely, they have red wing buds and yellow eyes.  :)
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 11:59:26 am »
Two soppy Basset Hounds here.  Phoebe is 10 and Hector, who is 10 months old.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 04:00:35 pm »
little blue, we've got a tank of Indian stick insects and a tank of Black Beauties. The black really are lovely, they have red wing buds and yellow eyes.  :)

ooh, they sound good - might look into getting some black beauties for school in the spring.
:)
Do they eat the same as the indians (fed ours the neighbours' privet hedge - with permission of course!)
Little Blue

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 07:43:42 pm »
Two soppy Basset Hounds here.  Phoebe is 10 and Hector, who is 10 months old.

Aww Bassets  :love: we had a Basset and she was so full of character, naughty but such good fun  ;D

We have 3 cats, a Husky and 2 ferrets as our other animlas  :)

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
Only got farmyard animals now....done the children (5), dogs, budgies, fish, guinea-pigs, stick insects, hamsters, mice, fancy-rats...and probably others Ive forgotten.
today have 1 horse, 2 cats, 4 sheep, 8 quail, 11 chooks and 12 bunnies (for eating too)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS