Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help for a sick sheep?  (Read 41180 times)

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
Re: Help for a sick sheep?
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 02:26:11 pm »
Well I am wondering if the lamb drench is helping, although she's not keen on it!  For the last two days she's been on her feet and walking around all day, tucking into haylage and wanting to graze.  She still isn't interested in much hard feed but at least she is putting something in her belly, and drinking herself.  It's sunny here this afternoon and it's good to see the sun on her back.  I feel she has turned a small corner - but early days yet ..
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:42 pm »
She mush be a real fighter - good to read all the info for future reference - Keep posting Remy.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »
Even better news she has been on her feet most of the day and can now lie down and get up herself - which she couldn't before.  Hasn't keeled over for two days now and didn't want to be put down under the lamp tonight - and most importantly BAA'd at me to get some coarse mix!  ;D ;D  I haven't heard her little baa for ages  :love:

Last course of twin lamb drench tomorrow.  I'm so pleased she has turned a little corner as my daughter has just gone into hospital for delivery of her twins, and I may have to absent for a while and leave hubby in charge!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 09:00:08 pm »
Hope all goes well with the human births and glad your wee lamby is getting better. :thumbsup:

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:51 pm »
I'm so pleased that she seems to be turning the corner. You've worked so hard for her - she sounds like a real fighter. Please keep updating her progress. Very useful also to read all the tips and ideas from everyone.
4 pet sheep

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 09:16:34 am »
I'm still at my daughter's (all is well but babies are still in intensive care due to being premature).  Good news about Tiny is that hubby said she has started bounding over to him and baaing for food, I am thrilled as that means she is getting way stronger.  He said he hasn't seen her lying down once yet!

I'll be returning home this week and can't wait to see her  :)

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 07:07:05 pm »
 :thumbsup:That's good to hear

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »
Good news on all fronts  :thumbsup:

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »
So pleased to hear good news on all the recent events - babies and sheep! Keep up the good work Hubby!!
4 pet sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS