Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: First eggs of the year  (Read 5863 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Re: First eggs of the year
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 07:12:30 pm »
Not only have the ducks already started laying, they have been sitting on them and hatching them out  :o
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

princesspiggy

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 12:32:24 pm »
my duck has started laying - hurrah!
since the fox took her friend shes abit lonely and starting to wander. will have to get her a mate soonish. anyone got any chocolate runners in aberdeenshire??

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:50:26 am »
Ditto - the Fox left us with just 2 muscovey females and good old Floyd who is also doing his job. We are taking the eggs before they freeze as the mums spend all their day breaking ice to get a drink rather than sit on eggs inside.
Bit ignorant here but does Floyd have to mate every day to ensure fertile eggs or is he able to fertilise a stream of eggs ( in one go) that the mum has yet to pop?
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Sandy

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:50 am »
No eggs and I am not likeing the ones I buy from the shops.......mind you, think we are due some more colllllllddddd weather !!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS