Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: vets hope its good news  (Read 13369 times)

Sandy

Re: vets hope its good news
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 04:29:58 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, not the money bit but, so many humans suffer from that too, they get all sorts of funny things happen to their health and if it were dogs looking after us, moaning, sleeping, putting on weight, getting lumps and bumps, aching limbs and being a bit of a grump, they (I hope) would worry too as they may not get their walkies!!!!! Hope things improve, what a worry!

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »
well im now £48 pound lighter and she has her weight loss card to record what she is losing so im hoping this will work , just the op to go on her leg vet did say the lumbs are in her vein and they not fatty so she will be coverd on her insurance as it not to do with her weight gain

Sandy

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 05:55:40 pm »
Hope the £ loss is weight and not money!!!!!! FIngers crossed then!!

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28:42 pm »
so do i but she been on it a since wednsday and is very hungrey and now scrounches for food which she has never done before , i hope they weigh her tomorrow when she goes for her op wish full thinking here im hoping she has lost some weight , well the lumbs on her leg have got bigger over the week and the thired one is a lot more noticable now hopful they will give me a idea on what it might be after op tomorrow , well it looks like a big vet bill for me this time round as ive got a piggy that might have a abcess in his neck grrr need to check him in morning befor going to vets again to let vet now if there any change in him as well :'(

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 10:34:46 am »
thats my baby in the vets now its just a wating game for when i have to collect her, the good news is she has lost a little weight but is now very hungrey i feel cruel with her being so hungrey :'(

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 10:38:34 am »
Arh, we all feel like that at time with our animals and pets but its for the best...its not a great time but soon will be sorted !!!!!   :wave:

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 05:13:02 pm »
well ive collected my baby from the vets , not good news at all its 90% chance they where cancerous and nother 90% of more appering , they wernt in her vein but attached to her nerve so might have some loss of feeling in her leg , was told to give her a treat tonight and the treat she alloud is carrot sticks

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »
Oh that's not good news for a 4 year old dog.... hope it turns out something that can be treated without massive costs and a good quality of life for both of you....

Sandy

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »
A worry but at least home and being loved!!!!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:28 pm »
We hope that your dog will be fighting fit soon!
Today  lost our 14 yr old Westie this am. He has deteriorated over the last 2 months but really fell ill on Friday night. We took him to the Vet Monday am unable to walk,panting and with a very large abdomen. Vet ( like us) suspected heart failure but gave us the option to treat this. To proceed he did an ultrasound of his abdomen, chest x-ray and blood tests ( analysed on site). Excluding other causes for his large abdomen we left Lochie with the Vet for 3 hours. He had a procedure with a special machine to remove all fluid from his abdomen, started diuretics and treatment for his heart.  We were gob smacked by the Vets compassion, expertise and the technology in the practice to analyse bloods and give urgent treatment and take home medication ( cost 220 Euros) .
 Lochies heart failure had been missed in the UK and his special diet ( not covered by his insurance) cost a fortune and did not help him.
It was a difficult decision to opt for treatment of his heart failure as we did not know if it was end stage.
Sad loss after so many years but he died in front of the fire at home and without the incontinence and indignity that he had before the Vet helped him.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Sandy

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »
So sad when we loose a pet but heart warming to see them go from thier home, unfortunaltly not always the case....we had a little dog run over when we did not own a car and felt it a good job he died very quicly as the trip to the vets would have been horrid and useless!!!  Sad times but a good age MAK!!! We all want our pets to live a long active life, fingers crossed grumpsgarden,  :bouquet:

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:43 am »
thank you all , im so sorry to hear of your loss mak thinking of you at this sad time  :bouquet: , the lumbs where black and as she had 3 all in the same nerve its a higher chance of them reapering she goes back today to have her pressure bandage removed and hopful she will start to eat something today as well

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 04:35:42 pm »
well got the results back its defently cancer just hoping no more lumbs apear , she now has a weaker front paw as the damged her nerve removing lumbs and hopful surranding cells

Sandy

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 05:06:00 pm »
Oh dear, that dreaded "C" word, so much can be done now so, hope for the best!!

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »
she will be fine as long as no more lumbs apear but vet said they prop will ,im just hoping for a few more years with her she not in any pain which is the good thing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS