Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: vets hope its good news  (Read 13365 times)

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
vets hope its good news
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:52:06 pm »
had to take my mastif to the vets today as she has developed over xmas 3 lumps in her vain on her front leg, also sudden weight gain, wish she was eating to much she has been on restricted feed since being spayed 2 years ago so only gets a can of wet plus half can biscuits a day and 3 hours run daily no scapes or treats, well she had a blood test for her throyd and will need surgery to see what the lumps are vet said as they are hard they cant do a biopsy but will need to remove them so its a wating game now to see what the blood says before they do her surgery :-\

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: vets hope its good news
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:53:18 pm »
Hope all is well :bouquet:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »
Hope she's OK :bouquet:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:17:52 pm »
best wishes :)
Little Blue

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:05 pm »
Wishing a good outcome for you all!!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:04 pm »
If its any help my Doberman has recently had to have lumps removed and they have turned out to be completely benign, just fatty lumps (even tho he's not remotely overweight even in vets view and not old either). Hoping you have the same cheerful outcome and only have to cry about the vet bill for the operation!

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »
thankly ive made sure she is well insured, thought if there where fatty the would be soft  but these are very hard and painfull also in a matter of weeks have gone from pin head size to large pea size with more appearing every day and vet did say they where in her vein so not sure if these would be fatty , they want to op next week but unsure until results where in on blood to see if its her threyod playing up im hoping its that which is causing her weight gain as im unsure what else to do re her diet she weight 39kg todays so has got very over weight in the past month or so ???

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:58:16 am »
SOunds like a THyroid issue anyway, pets and children are such a worry to us......without the worry thier is no joy either!!!    :bouquet:

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 10:08:49 am »
im hoping for that but dont know what treatment it would meen but as she is only 4 im hoping they can fix her as she is my baby and i love her just like my kids , but she acts like she getting old cant manage the stairs and gets tired easly also takes her all day to eat her meal , vet should call on thursday with the results of blood and say if they will do op next week

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:38 am »
It all sounds very like thyroid, but I don't know about the lumps.  I do hope they can operate and it goes well.   :bouquet: :bouquet:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 11:08:12 am »
they worried bout her weight for the op , but vet said as soon as she felt the lumps that she will need a op and them sent away for test at least she said lumps not tumor which is what is worry me , i will post when vet calls , then it the wating game again when she has op  ???

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 12:44:57 pm »
It cant be worse for you than the not knowing, if its thyroid there is very good medication I believe; have everything crossed for some hopeful news and that the op goes smoothly :-) :hshoe:

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
Re: vets hope its good news,some good news
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 04:53:36 pm »
vet has called and her thoyd is ok , they couldnt run all there test as some of her blood clotted in the post so they have to redo it , she is booked in for op next week on tuesday , but has to go on a prescription diet for her weight  and weekly weigh ins , also more test something to do with her being spayed vet said she might have some thing left behind as she doesnt realy eat enough for her to be this fat and she gets randy ,unfortly her insurance dont cover this new diet  :o

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 05:21:53 pm »
Good news on the thyroid: I feel your pain on the feeding having recently decided to switch to a properly good dog food for our two; it really really hurts the wallet!

Fingers crossed on the op  :hshoe:

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »
she starts on it tomorrow if its in as its got to be orderd and her weekly weigh ins the cost im not to botherd well i am but my dogs health is more important then the cost :dog:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS