Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Good News  (Read 2474 times)

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
Good News
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
Good News,

My Ram lad who I had decided would have to go to market has found a new home... :thumbsup:

I took my last two fat lambs to our local market and mentioned to one of the 'drover' guys that I would bring down my Ram as he was beginning to be a nuisance with the ewes (this guy had helped me buy the ram last year) he rang me at the weekend as he had a buyer for my Ram Lad -we delivered him to his new home today.  He will be company for an older ram for the summer and be used to help tup 150 ewes in the autumn.

Not only that but I got twice what I paid for him... ;D

I'll look to get another Ram in the summer but will sell him on as soon as his job is done so I don't have the same problem next year.
You are never to old to learn something new

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Good News
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:31:25 pm »
Well done - perfect result - I hope I have the same luck when my ram lambs time is up!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:12:40 pm »
Result  :thumbsup:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:49:48 am »
Excellent , that's a good result  :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:14:28 am »
Well done, good result  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS