Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help! Suggestions to provide creep area  (Read 12918 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Help! Suggestions to provide creep area
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:32 am »
Congratulations cuckoo, sounds like all is going very well.  Pictures would be very welcome if you have time  :)

On the subject of dogs in coats - house dogs in centrally heated houses do, so I'm told, now have inadequate covering to keep them warm enough outdoors, especially in very cold weather for any length of time.  I guess if they can run about enough they should keep warm, but not everyone lives where the dog can be off lead and racing around all the time.

When my collie had to be overnight at the vets, they said I'd better come and fetch him home, he was suffering from the heat in their kennels.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 10:37:47 pm »
Just tried to upload pictures but file too big ??? will figure out how to reduce size and then upload again

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »
[quote author=SallyintNorth link=topic=20681.msg197660#msg197660 date

When my collie had to be overnight at the vets, they said I'd better come and fetch him home, he was suffering from the heat in their kennels.
[/quote]

That made me smile Sally, :D :D :wave:

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »
Looking forward to seeing pictures Cuckoo and congratulations on your piglets  :thumbsup:

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 10:50:40 pm »
Does anyone know how to reduce size of jpeg image?? My IT skills dont go that far?!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20:23 pm »
Does anyone know how to reduce size of jpeg image?? My IT skills dont go that far?!!
You can usually get your PC to save it with less detail; I use Windows Picture Manager, Picture => Compress => for Web pages, then Save As so you don't lose the original high definition picture.

HTH
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 12:28:18 am »
Well done cuckoo
Sorry let you down on the worming had some serious stuff going on at home.aaaagh Seem to be doing very well anyway  good litters. have someone interested in your boar if you want to let himj go
Arl

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »
Arl,

I have pm'd you.  Some pictures uploaded of the piggies taken a few days ago.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:16 am »
Well done - and thanks  :thumbsup: - on uploading the pics.  They look lovely from what we can see... we would, of course, like to see more in due course...  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS