Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fingers crossed  (Read 17769 times)

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: fingers crossed
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 06:31:01 am »
brill :pig: :love: :pig:
such a relief
Mx

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:59 am »
Well done that pig, I hope they go on and do well. :)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:56 am »
Many congratulations. All good things come to those who wait!
Bestest Mandy  :pig:

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 09:27:37 am »
Great news PP makes all the waiting and stress worth while :thumbsup:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

princesspiggy

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 09:35:17 am »
soo happy today, thanks everyone xx  :love: :love: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 09:36:07 am »
Brilliant news, well done both  :thumbsup:

We await piggie piccies...  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:01 pm »
Congrats to you both Julia  :thumbsup:

Pics please, after you've got some kip  ;)

:love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

HappyHippy

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Photo's please  ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 07:51:59 am »
iv lost the cable for my camera (grrr)so will post photos when iv bought a new one. they all great - no losses, yippee. 2 gilts and 6 boars.
they arent using the creep or the heat lamp, just snuggling up with their mum. and suckling alot! dorothy is soo happy and im sure shes smiling!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grasshopper30

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 02:43:03 pm »
sometimes it takes quite a few days for them to start using the creep- but they will eventually, and mum will be glad of the respite once the novelty wears off!  Hope they are thriving.  Out of interest have you injected them with iron- always a good idea, we were strongly recommend by Bob Stevenson (BPA's consultant vet) and always do.

Good luck x

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »
Out of interest have you injected them with iron- always a good idea, we were strongly recommend by Bob Stevenson (BPA's consultant vet) and always do.

To para phrase my friend Mr Waddell ;) you don't need iron injections if they're outside thats a townie vet talking about indoor pigs!
Mandy :pig:

princesspiggy

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 04:41:04 pm »
i havent injected with iron, they are in stable at the moment but i expect shel be out for a wander with them soon. its mild here just a bit windy. had to change the creep around and now they are using the lamps.
last litter were born outside and werent injected. this litter is more cooped up cos of weather. is iron necessary?
i could put them outside with their own sty and field, tho its a bit sludgy  ::) :o. but its nice having them in so we can visit her and sit them them.  :love: :love: :pig: :love: :love:   lol
dorothy is so calm this year, last time, u cudnt pick em up without running...lol

robert waddell

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 04:58:46 pm »
iron injections is just a matter of preference and the availability of iron from the soil     mother pig does not pass enough iron in the milk to meet the needs of the piglets while suckling this can be augmented by either injecting them or rubbing mud on her teats  if they do not get sufficeint iron they become anemic and kick the bucket or are slow to grow which is why the commercial pigs get injected :farmer:

princesspiggy

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 05:12:19 pm »
rubbing mud on her teats

il take her for a walk then cos stacks of mud here!
what age to inject? i may well do so.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »
I think the guidance for injections is before the're a week old, coz once they start creep feeding they'll get it thro the feed.

IMHO I think turfts do the job - that's all I've ever used on my KKs if they're inside.  Lots of lovely dints out of the grass running up the track here Julia  ;)

:love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS