Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fingers crossed  (Read 17771 times)

princesspiggy

fingers crossed
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
our dorothy is looking rather tubby at the moment so we are crossing our fingers she is preggers. i can feel her ribs and spine but she is looking very voluptuous.
she was ai-ed on 30 oct, then been with boar since dec 4th.
im guessing the ai worked tho i wasnt optimistic at the time as some went on the floor.
she wouldnt be showing after just 4 weeks surely?
very excited so just had to share that!!!
 :wave: :wave: :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »
Oh, fingers crossed! 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:20:12 pm »
Everything crossed for Dorothy, my Bob is in with 2 of my girls at the moment and they are in season, I assume Bob was covering 1 of them last night as I herd my OH shouting "Go on my son". Bob's first litter is due by the end of the week.  Have had Bob and Porsche since they were 8 weeks and they are 16 & 17 months now and going to be parents, it is soooooo exciting. :thumbsup:

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »
it is exciting and soo worth it! :wave:

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:48:30 pm »
How exciting! Let us know when you know for sure!
I can't wait to have a pregnant sow- have to pass my broodiness onto the animals now!  ;)

princesspiggy

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:53:35 pm »
il know who the sire is by the date they are born as she was ai-ed 5 weeks before the boar arrived. when do they usually start showing? i hope shes not just fat....

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:29:38 pm »
We AI'd one of ours at the weekend so just waiting to see if she comes back into season, but fingers crossed. All very exciting
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:38 pm »
How quickly excitement can turn into heartache, I had my company go down in 2010 due to the re session and the repercussions of it means I have to sell my Barn and field which means I have to sell my pigs and chickens so my lovely babies that I am still waiting for have to go so does the mother (Porcsha)  and my lovely Bob I am finding things very upsetting at the moment :'(

princesspiggy

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »
that would heartbreaking  :love: :wave:

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 03:01:23 pm »
It is, I go and sit with Bob wondering what the hell I am going to do with him, if I sold him I would be worried that he wasn't being looked after properly, and my girls were going to be my next step with pigs breeding my own and having little Bob's running around the place, my eldest son is not able to go out there as he gets to upset.  I have had to have horses put down before but this is far worse.

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 03:29:40 pm »
Sorry for your sad situation, i would be heartbroken to. Wishing you good luck and hope you find good homes for your brood.
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:45 pm »
 :bouquet:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:50:09 pm »
20th of feb she should be due   or 27th march to the boar  if due to the first date she should be showing :farmer:

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 07:20:14 pm »
So sorry to hear the sad predicament you are in. Just wishing you loads of luck and thinking of you.  :bouquet:

princesspiggy

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 11:38:04 am »
oohh she got big boobies now, i think shes due next weekend! how exciting! AI did work!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS