Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grants ???  (Read 3527 times)

gapcap

• Joined Jun 2009
Grants ???
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »
Hi, wonder if anyone can tell me if there are likely to be any grants available to re roof a very old farm building? It is a lovely old stone barm with slate roof(whats left of it!!) as a lot of the slates have fallen off the timbers underneath are beginning to rot, so in time I fear its all going to end up collapsing :'(. Any ideas??? Thanks for looking :wave:

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
Re: Grants ???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »
Sorry, can't help but am interested to see the answers.  Good luck.
Mel

Red

• Joined Mar 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »
I work a lot with grants and the only grant I could think of is from the heritage lottery fund (www.hlf.org) but they tent to give grants to public buildings and with the olympics it is quite hard to get grants from them at the mo - but you could look into a green mortage from the ecology building society but you might want to think of a use for the building rather than just saving it i.e. turning into a youth hostel type building as that would help the mortage application and get you some income to help cover costs.
Just an idea :-\
Red

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 08:16:30 am »
AFAIK you wont get grant funding unless the end result has public access/role. Certain new facilities eg a new slurry store to enable you to comply with environmental legislation occasionally get grants. But not for re roofing your own barn.....wish it did, we would be in there getting the ££ too!
I am pretty certain you will have to fund this yourself/borrow to do it.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:45:46 am »
its worth bearing in mind that some old roofing slates can be worth £2/3 each...

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 01:13:58 pm »
I wish....I was quoted 4800 to remove he old skanky asbestos roof on the workshop and had to shell out 3100 for material to re-sheet it

Painful, not too worry  8)
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS