Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Take care  (Read 2995 times)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
Take care
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:10:26 am »
Take care and good luck with the extreme bad weather forecast for the Scottish area today.

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
Re: Take care
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:31:34 am »
thank you!

at present, the dogs are all hving a flid out as there is a trug rolling around outside the french doors......it's going to be a long day!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:30:28 am »
We're probably not going to have as bad a day as you guys but we have a curtains sser in loading in the yard at the moment and the lads are having a helluva job with it, good job theres 20 x tonne pallets of steel components to go in it to hold it on the road.
IThe winds whistling round our office, sounds quite spooky, turn up the xmas carols.........
Mandy  :pig:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:53:29 am »
greenhouse window already gone, the rest will follow soon as there is no way to attach it even if we put new glass in...the children are staying home although the school is open until lunchtime. No way they are travelling in a double decker today!
I hope everyone will be safe! :&>

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:37 am »
Just breezy and drizzly here at the mo. Sheet ice around the yard but the roads are fine. Local weather says we have seen the worst of the bad  weather for now but the BBC says we are in for it later ???

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:06:57 am »
Thinking of all you guys up north - stay safe.    Tangible things are all replaceable - but you're not, so take care of yourselves.  :bouquet: xx

(Windy here but not too scarey.......at the moment  ::) )
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 10:29:11 am »
Thanks, Blinkers.  It just started here in Clackmannan.  Just watching the trampoline wobbling, but it's reasonably sheltered so it should stay put.  Rain was belting down a few minutes ago but has stopped for the moment.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:36:53 am »
Heavy iron garden chair blown  across garden, had dogs out a bit earlier this morning and quite enjoyed the walk. My daft dogs love when it's windy.

AnnS

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:39:32 am »
Annie, if you can manage at all - do turn the trampoline over, we did ours weeks ago as I had it flying before...I hope the birds are clever enough to go for shelter...it is just about getting worse now, I must admit that I am a bit scared :&>

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:49 am »
Heavy rain overnight has run down the bottom edge of the paddock beside the house and flooded out where the ponies stand - discovered the chicken run was a duckpond this morning and water heading towards the level of the ventilation panel for the foundations of the house :o so have had a lovely hour or two digging trenches to channel water away from the chooks and house which unfortunately puts it right into the outdoors stored hay bales :(  I'm gutted I didn't foresee this and save my £1250 cos it's all pretty wrecked as far as I can see, what isn't too heavy to move with water will be damp mouldy and inedible at a guess..

The wind has just started to get up the last hour and I haven't had the trees beside the house topped yet so am praying they stay put and don't land on teh chickens or the roof - and that the barn roof stays put.. the farrier was due out but I told him not to bother as the rain is horizontal through the open barn ::) so today is a day to stay indoors and tend the fire for as long as the dry logs last - the max temp in the house is 9 degrees even with it lit since 9am so I'm feeling pretty miserable and scared all round today and just hoping to get to tonight with no major damage to buildings, animals or myself when I go back out there..

Poor hens are faring a bit better with puddles rather than a pond, but they're not happy huddling behind the solid boards and if one of them gets flattened it'll take the chooks out too :o

It's got brighter tho so not sure if that's the rain off at least, it's too windy to go and see ::)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS