Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poor Hatty  (Read 2731 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Poor Hatty
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:44 am »
Has no internet or phone ....again.

She says the phone wire has been robbed again.  Thats twice in three weeks or so.  Surely the phone companies will have to pass on the cost to their customers??

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
Re: Poor Hatty
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:26:17 am »
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Poor hatty
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »
Mmm you sure she isn't climbing up the pole after they replace the cable ,and nicking the new stuff to flog to the scrappy ?   
 No really though , it is a big problem , and yet another that will be laid at our door to sort out , ie pay for .
Hope it gets sorted soon !

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 07:59:13 pm »
 >:(  not again!!
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »
Yes Russ, I should think she IS climbing the pole!  ::)  I would be!  ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Poor hatty
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »
Yes  Annie mate , she has my sympathy !  Life is strange at times isn't it . Hatty has a pole , that she either is or isn't up , but no cable . Yet i have the cable and a pole on my land , yet i want neither !
 Ok , the pole on my land is a leccy pole , but the phone pole is only 50 yards away ! Hatty can have mine if she wants it ?
 This mobile phone connection does my head in , but losing all connection due to some armhole nicking cable for a few pints , again ! , must be infuriating .

Cheers russ

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:59:40 am »
The cables are underground.  The manhole cover is locked, but apparantly using a 4x4 they can force them off, and bingo ....they get the cables.  I suppose if you saw some men in fluorescent jackets peering down the hole, you would not think other than they were workmen - thieves.

I don't suppose they stop to think that they could be preventing someone ringing for the emergency services maybe.  Not everyone has a mobile phone.  It will be a few days before the phone people have new cable installed and things back to normal - until the next time it happens.

Perghaps security guards patrollng the streets would be the best idea?!!

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:03 am »
WOO HOO it's back on!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to say I hope the thieves have an awful Christmas and a rotten new year, preferably at her majesty's pleasure!!   

Russ & Annie I have not been up the pole, or even danced round it!!!!  ::) lol, round the bend, yes I will admit to that  ;D ;D

Scrap metal theft is a real problem in South Yorks and getting worse they even got into the maintenance corridor which runs underneath Doncaster Royal Infirmary the other week and had £50000.00 worth of cables from there

How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS