Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pair of Jack Russells For Sale - £150 for the pair  (Read 3023 times)

AlexInLincs

• Joined Apr 2010
Pair of Jack Russells For Sale - £150 for the pair
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:15:46 am »
Dolly & Daisy are 9 months old. They must go together as they are sisters and are devoted to each other.  They are super little dogs with docked tails (docking certificates supplied).  They are from working stock and quite happily take mice in our stables.

This is a very sad sale but we simply cannot keep them in and don't want to just confine them to a kennel.  You must have a secure garden or be sufficiently off the beaten track.  Their recall is excellent but we live next to a national speed-limit road that they keep getting out on to.

Please contact on email first with details of the home you can offer. - 07971 223020

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Pair of Jack Russells For Sale - £150 for the pair
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 07:51:51 pm »
Hello :wave: Are you not able to fence off a good-sized area for them and give them a bit of a run twice a day :dog:

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »
Hi  :wave: also!

This is sad   :'(

Not having a go here - but can I ask what is wrong with kennelling them and as Sylvia says giving them a good run twice a day?  Personally I don't think "free range dogs" is a good idea generally and not good for the dogs or other stock in the long run.  :dog:  :chook:  :sheep:

However it's your decision and I wish you luck in finding them a new home  :thumbsup:
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:51:28 pm »
I quite understand....I have a JRT aged 8 months and she can be a handful....as can our other 2 larger dogs. I never let my dogs totally run free.....they are all working types and whilst good with my stock could be shot if in a field of sheep off a lead!!!! (its against the law to let a dog off a lead roam in a field of sheep!) However my dogs have an 8 x 12 kennel with a fantastic view! They love being in there and also get about 3-5 miles of walks a day on 30ft extending leads.
So what I'm trying to say is I hope you can find the home they need, but also having a kennel and going for long walks is a good life for a dog.....and 2 JRTs together work in tandem and will get into all sorts of trouble if unattended! You may want to try that before you give up totally?
Have you thought of rehoming one of them and keeping the other? That way the remaining terrier will imprint more on you and want to stay nearer....?

We live on a fast road too.....a white small minor one on the map but often have vehicules wizzing past at 70mph!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:26:32 pm »
I am in total agreement here - my dogs are Hunt Point Retrievers - they HUNT!  If I didn't have 6 foot fencing all round my garden and weldmesh runs they'd be on a fast bypass DEAD or a railway line DEAD.  They are taken in the car to a woodland area with deer fencing around it for a good run every day, or to a nearby forest well away from traffic. The rest of the time they loll around in their runs or play with the zillions of old bones and toys we have lying about the place. 

Good luck finding a home for them, but personally I wouldn't take two litter siblings of ANY breed let alone JRs.  Far better to either separate them and re-home individually, or fence an area for them that they can't get out of.  I would separate them anyway even if you decide to keep them, training will be so much easier.  Loose dogs are never a good idea, even in the midst of the country.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:30:25 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Stevie D

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »
At 9 months, they will be fine to separate, you might find that one is leading the other astray anyway. I have 4 russells and know they can be a handful especially at that age. Don't worry about splitting them, it might be to their benefit. Good luck rehoming.

Stevie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS