Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat mineral...  (Read 44041 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Goat mineral...
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »
I though I would share my recent experience here as it may interest others.

Wytsend very kindly sent me a (large) sample of the goat mineral she has helped to formulate for us to try with the girsl, and frankly I am amazed at the results already!
We are a few days into feeding it and are giving 2 teaspoons per day per goat.
Already Doris' coat is even thicker than before, Millie shines like a mirror and Enid.....
well it turns out my creamish coloured grubby white goat is patterned!! She has had black markings appear! If only it would stop raining I would get some photos to show you!
They eat the stuff no problem what so ever and I am thrilled with the results. Although they weren't skinny to start off with, there shape has altered slightly though it is difficult to describe how. I guess it is good condition that has been put on rather than fat.
I can reduce the amount of feed and maintain their condition.
I would recommend this stuff to anyone, especially if they live in a copper deficient area like us :thumbsup:
Thanks Wytsend, you are a star  :trophy: :trophy:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Goat mineral...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:33:24 pm »
That sounds amazing stuff!!  Especially good that the goats take it ok ...mine can be fussy about things added to their feed.

I think we are in a mineral deficient area here, too.  We got an injection off the vet for two of our goats as he thought they were lacking in copper - and they changed colour almost immediately!!

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:37:05 am »
Would you like me to get some sent to you Mairi ?   
All samples at present are free.... all we ask is a testimonial sent to the manufacturer.

nihicib2

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 07:36:40 am »
Hey Wytsend, I would love some as well if possible, we live in a copper deficient area and even with a mineral lick we can't be sure if they are all getting what they need, I can send you on the cost of postage as I live in Ireland

Brid

:goat:

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:50:15 am »
Hi  Brid,     moat of UK is deficient  but I think you would be short of a number of essential ingredients.

Can you PM me your full details  + number of goats please.

I will arrange for it to be sent asap.

Colliewoman has had a fast result... obviously her goats needed a few elements ! Not all rsults are quite as fast... normally 10days onwards shows results.   You will notice a big increase in milk yield next year.

My girls have increased by up a to 1.5pts each & have been able to cut back on the amount of feed whilst not losing yield or condition.  Speaks for itself I think !!

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:03:33 am »
Wytsend - I don't milk mine but this stuff sounds so fantastic do you think it would be worth me trying it?  I only have two girls that are about 4 or 5 years old.

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:43:59 am »
Oh without a doubt.... now you are going to say 'of course she would say that !!'

Since feeding this to my males.... none of them have fallen off in condition during the covering season.. happy to show them to anybody !

Your girls would be better for all the additional minerals that are lacking in the ground , the hay, the feed etc.
A goat in the wild would keep wandering from place to place to get minerals from rocks, plants etc.... but as we keep them in an 'unnatural state'  i.e.,... domesticated,  we need to top them up.

Your girls will better bodily, change their coats better... you will find as Colliewoman has, that their colouring will be better & possibly you will feed less because they simply don't need it.

I need your full name & address please... suggest PM me with this and I will arrange for a sample to be sent.
Thanks for asking

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 01:43:46 pm »
sounds fantastic, may I have a sample please? 

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:23:52 pm »
Can you let me have your full name ,address,Telephone number & how many goats please?   You can PM this info.

Sample will be dispatched next week.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 06:12:31 pm »
I would love to try this if there is still some available?  I'll PM me your details x

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 11:06:44 pm »
Yes, Wytsend, would like to have a sample, too, please.  Also details of where/how  I can purchase this from?
Thank you ever to much for your help!!

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 11:15:08 pm »
wouldn't mind trying it too!
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 06:55:20 am »
Roxy & Hatty:     I will arrange for some to be sent nexr week.

Roxy can you give me a ring one evening in the next few days regarding the minerals, please

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 07:27:23 am »
Does anybody else want to try this new mineral mix for goats.... it really does work,  more testimonials coming in as I write.

I am making a list of people who have requested.... 15 so far !...... so that it can be dispatched this next week.

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 10:16:56 am »
Thank you  :bouquet:
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS