Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 5 Nov.. 2011 Dingwall - poultry sale  (Read 4583 times)

Victorian Farmer

5 Nov.. 2011 Dingwall - poultry sale
« on: October 31, 2011, 08:24:36 pm »
http://www.dingwallmart.co.uk/catalogues.htm                                a very good sale with hard to find breeds off poultry

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: 5 Nov.. 2011 Dingwall - poultry sale
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
Thats correct and they have fab breakfasts.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:26:36 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:27:10 am »
According to the newspaper, it's also a rare breeds sale and should have quite a range of sheep etc - will they do a catalogue for the non-poultry entries?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:51:09 pm »
Yes rare & minority breed sale to include sheep etc no catalogue on line yet no use to anyone that wants to see if there is anything of interest for sale and a poor service to the sellers.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »
Reports for the past sales are on the website( March and Nov) will give you an idea what has been in before but agree its poor,
worth ringing them if your looking for something specific

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 02:45:18 pm »
Catalogue for cattle sheep etc now on line thank you dinwall mart. I retract my previous comments.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 03:48:44 pm »
Catalogue for cattle sheep etc now on line thank you dinwall mart. I retract my previous comments.

Thanks for that - I had to refresh my browser to see it, but it is there.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:40:38 pm »
Is anyone going? Meet up for a coffee? I'm going with friend for the day out - probably last one of the year and apparently to cookies/cakes are good!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:56:41 pm »
Sadly not this time was ment to be going but going to sale at UA next week looks a good catalogue though. The canteen s not to bad either

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS