Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: knitting wrist warmers/fingerless gloves  (Read 27058 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: knitting wrist warmers/fingerless gloves
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2011, 01:40:16 pm »
oooh, those look nice
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2011, 02:04:45 pm »
Just finished a plain pair from the same soft wool and now doing a cowl in moss stitch.

No rest for the wicked as the stock in my shops is moving very quickly mainly to the US. I have a good few packages to post on Monday now

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »
Anybody now wanting the pattern it is available via my blog http://cutletcountrycrafts.blogspot.com/2011/12/wrist-warmers-pattern.html

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2011, 11:17:21 pm »
Just finished my second pair this evening, ellisr - BH won't wear his, he says they're too nice to get them dirty and stinking of silage!   ::)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08:21 am »
Knit him 2 pairs and tale one pair outside and drop into a puddle

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 07:24:54 am »
BH won't wear his, he says they're too nice to get them dirty and stinking of silage
My mum had this problem with my Dad-he won't wear things she knits him to work in, in case he spoils them and then they don't get worn at all and she gets upset  :-\

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2011, 08:56:01 am »

LOL!  So, that's sorted what's next to knit... better start before my Twisted Sisters Socks book arrives...!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2011, 08:57:44 am »
BH won't wear his, he says they're too nice to get them dirty and stinking of silage
My mum had this problem with my Dad-he won't wear things she knits him to work in, in case he spoils them and then they don't get worn at all and she gets upset  :-\
Eggs-actly.  So ... no solution has been found in your family, wonder if ellisr's idea will work...  I'll have three pairs for myself if not!  :D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2011, 09:35:34 am »
Well my OH wouldn't wear them as they don't keep his fingers warm and doesn't want any like mine with the little pop over finger cover, so my answer was 'Well freeze'

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2011, 11:07:31 am »

LOL!  So, that's sorted what's next to knit... better start before my Twisted Sisters Socks book arrives...!

:wave: Oh let me know what you think of the book  :thumbsup:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2011, 02:28:21 pm »

:wave: Oh let me know what you think of the book  :thumbsup:

Will do  :thumbsup:  :wave:  Most likely will be asking for help interpreting - it's been a long time since I used to knit and all I've done so far this time around is the wrist warmers!  Casting on and off seemed to be like riding a bike but I'm not sure I'll remember all the annotations and abbreviations - or even how to do some of the fancier things.  It's exciting getting back into it though! :D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:21 am »
Good luck Sally.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS