Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BPA AGM  (Read 13099 times)

HappyHippy

Re: BPA AGM
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:36 am »
Where would someone find a copy of the BPA constitution ? Would that be on-line somewhere ?

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:25:58 am »
I have issues with the BPA about the way they handled the subscription charges etc but in their defence I had dealings with them earlier in the year. I had bought 2 sows and a boar that were birth notified and not registered, and had changed hands before I had them. The BPA could not have been more helpful in sorting it out, dealing with the breeder and previous owners.
Like others have said it is the communication of information to members that is the problem,but then they are not the only ones guilty of that offence.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 10:42:12 am »
HH have sent you PM
mandy  :pig:

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 11:30:59 am »
now i could be wrong            but i do not think it is as easy as finding the constitution as you dig all sorts of hurdles will be put in place to stop you it is a charity  just as the RSPCA  is that indication enough
i also think this avenue was trodden already with no success
different stories have been emanating for years and no doubt will continue :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 12:19:23 pm »
You're right Robert, found as follows at companies house

No right to inspect accounts and other records

36. Except as provided by law or authorised by the directors or an ordinary resolution of the company, no person is entitled to inspect any of the company’s accounting or other records or documents merely by virtue of being a member.[/

This is from a basic articles of association document which most companies/charities use as a basis for their rules & regs. Althought the BPA is registered as a charity it is also (again Co house info) a private limited by guarantee company with no share capital. This means there are no shares and the directors(trustees) are only liable for a pound each!! but it does mean it has to keep to companies house rules & regs.
HTh
mandy  :pig:

robert waddell

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:16 pm »
the liability for a pound is normal when anybody could take litigation against directors (who are doing the job with no re numeration)
sometimes the ordinary members are liable for more than the directors esp if they leave the club or organisation then it goes tits up within the next year :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 11:10:47 am »
Go to Companies House website and you can download yearly accounts and a revision of the constitution posted this year. Each document cost £1.  The accounts for 2010 make interesting reading.
Mandy   :pig:

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 12:58:04 pm »
Note: http://www.duedil.com/ offer the accounts for free if you sign up

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 10:20:41 am »
Reminder this is next Saturday coming, even if you can't make the AGM in the morning the Breeders meeting at 1.30pm may be of interest.
Mandy  :pig:

robert waddell

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 10:30:24 am »
they are not expecting the meeting to take very long are they        the breeders meeting is that a collective meet or individual meetings :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:18 am »
I think it will be hosted by the breed reps with questions raised from the floor or by any given prior to the reps.
I have a question regarding discrimination in the BPA show rules i want to raise and i also want to know how we get to know what is happening in the various committees as we don't seem to get to know these days since the BPA newsletter is now the glossy publicity nonsense sheet that it is.
Mandy  :pig:

robert waddell

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 11:07:40 am »
Mandy the show commite is i think the one that is more open
the pedigree pork committee is another matter     the only way the small proud of there product breeder can tell the world of there produce is by virtue of the sausage competitions  it appears those on that commite are the ones that already sell to the public
in the last two years this committee have done nothing for the Scottish breeder and what makes it worse they have been claiming expenses for nothing   my money and your money :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 09:00:29 am »
Unfortunately after all my hard work i cannot attend today, :( some of you know the reasons why.
However that is not to say that i will be giving up making the BPA do the work we want it to do and asking those questions that they don't want to answer. I will remain the thorn in their rose garden :) :)
best mandy :) :pig:

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 06:31:17 pm »
I came online to find out too.  Crisis here meant I couldn't get away either.

Will be very interested to hear from anyone who did go.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HappyHippy

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »
I think Robert & Lillian were going, they're probably still driving home now.
I'm sure we're going to hear all about it soon  ;)
Karen  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS