Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our new babies  (Read 5494 times)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Our new babies
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:27 am »
All five babies there this a.m. and wandering about near the door of the shed until a bark from mother sends them back to bed so, hopefully all will be well.
Also, looking at them properly in daylight I find they are ALL gilts. Two of the dead piglets were gilts and two boars.
Phoebe, my grand-daughter has, of course, named them all and suggests different coloured ribbons tied around their heads to identify them ;D
She's a bit too young to know their fates as yet but maybe I'll let her keep one.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 10:25:46 am »
Hi Sylvia - Awww so sorry to hear of the losses - but it happens, unfortunately.    But lucky you - 5 gilts - woohoo - perfect.    ENJOY  :thumbsup:

Mxx
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:24:49 pm »
we told our girls that we wouldnt be giving our piglets names but it actually helps with identifying them for when buyers come etc, this batch we have a jet, boden, joules, chocolate, another 2 are going to be called coral and dory by the new owners!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS