Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not a good idea  (Read 3003 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Not a good idea
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:57:43 am »
Did you know it is not a good idea to substitute cheap french washing up liquid for dishwasher tablets when running out.  The soap bubbles build up and up until finally the machine grinds to a halt as the paddles can not turn in the bubbles which have taken on the consistency of polystirene (sp)  takes for ever to empty out.  Any one want a lot of second hand bubbles?

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Not a good idea
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:45:19 am »
The outcome reminds me of an experiment at a science show at the school! If you were nearby I'd have your bubbles, as I'm the dishwasher lol. I hope your machine can be fixed. :&>

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:41:28 pm »
I doubt it. (But it wasnt my machine I was the "innocent bystander").

DavidnChris

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »
Reminds me of a demonstration of a fire extinguisher I was shown by a West Indian guy when I was in the RAF. To demonstrate a foam extinguisher he put the two ingredients in a bottle and shook them together, to simulate what happens in the extinguisher.
The ingredients once mixed froth up to produce masses of foam. This foam expanded and shot out of the bottle all over him, at which point he put his hand over the top to stem the flow, this caused it to spray everywhere.
All in all and excellent demo. I can still hear him saying "son of a B**ch"

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:06:55 pm »
My first husband was a firefighter. To relieve the boredom, they were a great bunch of practical jokers. One favourite was to put one of the chemicals from a foam fire extinguisher in the toilet bowl and the other in the cistern. Some poor guy flushes the toilet and..., well you can imagine.

rustyme

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:39:25 pm »
someone I knew was going through a very nasty divorce. he was a builder and she was just very  P*ssed off with him . Well , he had this car , a brand new BMW about £30,000 worth . He also had loads of those expanding foam spray cans.......well yes ... she did it .... set dozens of them off inside the car and under the bonnet...result ? total right off , and the insurance refused to pay out...Why did she do it ? because he had put her jumpers in the tumble dryer !!!! lol... I think they deserved each other really .... ::) :o ;D

cheers

Russ

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 05:10:25 pm »
made me chuckle hilarysmum, did exactly the same when we ran out of tablets, dishwasher turned into a monster foam coming out of every corner, ann was not a happy bunny! ::) ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS