Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: E-BIKE  (Read 3083 times)

richard1

• Joined Sep 2011
E-BIKE
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:31:09 am »
Hi all, :wave:
Im thinking of buying an e-bike, Do any of you have one? are they any good? and are there any brands that anyone can recomend?
Also is it better to buy a kit to convert a normal bike? or to buy one from new factory made?

Many thanks :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: E-BIKE
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:53:24 am »
What's an e-bike?  For virtual travel?  ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:21:06 am »
What's an e-bike?  For virtual travel?  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

They're all eeeeebikes to me - dodgy knee.

Next door neighbour has one, battery is charged overnight on charger plus I think to an extent by peddling / freewheeling downhill, juice helps on the uphills.  Not sure how green it really is in that it does consume electricity to charge it, but if the rider would otherwise take a car, or sit at home using electricity, then I guess that makes it green.  I think there may be some that just use the in-travel-generated power?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:24 am »
Ah, I see - the 'E' stands for 'electricity' not 'ether'  Makes sense now!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS