Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: eAML2  (Read 62179 times)

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Re: eAML2
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2011, 05:09:23 pm »
Tamsaddle - As you have submited on-line, you'd do better to print & take a spare copy of the elctronic form, as that'll give the abarttoir the reference as well as the aml and FCI info.  Otherwise they might process both the elctronic and your aml2, which will confuse the system !

Abattoir moves have been there for some time, and we use them, they are good.  Live to live for smallholders has more problems in practical terms, both for those that don't have computers, and those that don't have computers where their pigs are, both will cause issues or as BPEX puts it "require changes in working practices" ie they'll be worse off.  A few simple changes would rectify this and produce a system for everyone's benefit with no increased risk, but as legislation has been passed, this will not happen.  No-one prepared to change stuff as it involves admitting the current process could have been better, which of course involves someone holding their hand up - so that's not going to happen!

However BPEX are generally responsive to some suggestions for improvements, but still unfortuinately being guided by Defra rather than BPEX being the independant organisation that "represents pig levy payers in England" as they bill themselves.

I am pressing for further improvements in accuracy of info, amount of guidance, and process, so that the site is clearer and easier to use, and has better reminder prompts, to ensure it is as workable solution as we can get within the current legislation,but it is BPEX and Local authorites that will suffer if they don't improve clarity, communication and process.  It is also us that wuill suffer if there is another outbreak, and there are lots of uncancelled and pending moves sitting in the BPEX system without it being clear if they happened or not.  Dangerous contacts will be missed that should have been in the AMLS system, not languishing in the BPEX one. It could be so much better.

Rant over !

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:27:28 am by oaklandspigs »
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

DeeDee

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »
Hi all

Have used eAML2 three times now, for farm to slaughter movements. First time was a disaster, last two times have gone through without a hitch. I know where Oaklands is coming from, as the cause of the problems we experienced first time were unresolved. Here's the story of our first time...............

We booked 3 pigs in for slaughter. Completed the movement screeen on eAML2 and pressed the submit button - got taken through to the log in screen rather than the hauliers page. Had a look at pending movements and there was nothing there. Phoned the helpline (on my mobile - premium rates!) and they confirmed that no movement had been submitted (suggested I had been "timed out" of the system for taking too long to input everything). So, re-submitted the whole movement, got the haulier page printed out fine and received the confimation e-mail that the movement would be processed overnight.

Took 3 pigs to slaughter (thankfully with back-up paper AML and FCI ). Got to the abbatoir to be told that nothing had come through, so used paper system instead.

Got back to land and checked eAML2 website - one movement shown as pending (though journey was supposed to have started at 06:15 that morning) so couldn't confirm movement. Phoned helpline, who told me there was TWO movements awaiting feedback!. No, I said - explained the whole issue with being kicked out to log in screen and having to re-submit movement. OK, says the lady on the helpline, then you need to provide feedback for one of the movements. I explained no feedback option available - one movement shown as pending. No, she siad, it will definately be there, in red text on your screen. No, I said, nothing there. She went off to investigate and after a few minutes came back to say she had no idea what had gone wrong as everything I had submitted was correctDidn't know why I didn't have the feedback required message so would cancel everything on eAML2 system (as the paper movement forms would go through to record the movement).

As I said, the following two movements we have done (farm to abbatoir again) have gone through without a hitch,  but it does make you wonder what will happen if this particular problem recurs once the paper system is withdrawn. The helpline opens after we need to get our pigs to the abbatoir (they need to be booked in by 7:45am at the latest) so could have a problem with the abbatoir refusing to take pigs because thay haven't had the notification e-mail? There is no guidance that I can see on the eAML2 website that covers such a scenario. Needless to say, our abbatoir insist on paper back up copies, as they have had numerous problems with eAML2 with other customers.

Thank you Oaklands for trying to get some clarity on the many grey areas that surround this process. I for one am following this thread with great interest and appreciate yor efforts

Dee

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2011, 08:10:52 pm »
Is everyone ok with this concept that you confirm a move by 'Submitting feedback'? 

To me, feedback is what you give a supplier when they want to know how their product or service has performed.

I couldn't find anywhere to register that my movement had occurred (I was looking for 'Confirm Pending Movement', or, 'Update Pending Movement', or some such.)  Eventually I pressed the only thing I could find and discovered that confirming a move is, in fact, giving feedback.

Not intuitive, to say the least.  Not to me, anyway.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2011, 09:58:15 pm »
i had to do an exam on a computer and a lot of the wording is confusing because it
is written by Americans one continue meant finish

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2011, 09:43:15 am »
I have pigs to go to the abbattoir on Monday am i too late to do the eaml today?
Think i'll just send them on paper as always, why can't they get anything working properly before they allow it out for the wider use. >:(
Mandy :pig:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20:23 pm »
Mandy

Provided you have registered, you can do abattoir on-line anytime up to midnight Sunday.  As suggested to Tamsaddle take a copy of the print-out as transporter and an extra one as a copy for the abattoir, as many (but not all) abattoirs like this.  You can of course do this now, and the risks of leaving it to sunday night are

• BPEX system crashing over the weekend - risk very small now they are on dual servers
  • Your internet link failing
  • Your PC failing
  • If your printer fails, you can write the details on a pro-forma - as long as you have printed a proforma - you should have a few of these in stock, and definitely have some after April - you never know when the ink runs out at the wrong time

If you are phoning it in, you can do this tomorrow, providing you have a fax machine, otherwise they will need to post and you wait arrival of the form, so you are too late

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:21:58 pm by oaklandspigs »
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2011, 10:44:33 pm »
Can you believe it well yes you probably can. Had the Animal Health people out to do a routine inspection of our animal movements paperwork etc and asked him about the eAML2 and he said  " oh don't know anything about that, havent heard about it" He honestly didnt seem to know what we were talking about.  :pig:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2011, 01:58:02 pm »
Well just done first movement to slaughter using it, okish but needs so much info several times.
Said my abbattoir isn't geared up for EAML yet so take 2 copies, OH is going so think he might have fun on the paperwork side coz liklihoood is they've never seen one. Will report back on monday.
Mandy  :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2011, 04:15:46 pm »
I've used the ScotEid system a couple of times now and find it good  :thumbsup:
As you type in the CPH number it brings up the name & address details, very straight forward to use and it emails you the movement form for printing/saving.
No complaints about it..............so far  ;)
Sorry, doesn't help you guys down south out - hope yours gets all the wrinkles ironed out soon  :wave:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2011, 05:29:53 pm »
HH,

Think my wrinkles are here to stay - but as I'm a man I simply fool myself that it makes me look distinguished !

Am pleased that the Scottish system is easy to use - and a shame that the E&W one could so easily have been the same.  Hey ho !

Miss Piggy - given the amount of cut backs that will soon hit TS, highly likely that you'll soon be getting the guy who normally does checking xmas teddy bears for loose eyes inspecting you, so even less knowldege in future is likely.

Mandy - yes let us know how it goes !!
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2011, 10:07:33 am »
Been on this morning to confirm move (ie give feedback) and the bloody thing won't let me, theres no move in the archive or pending??? confused is that because the office staff don't start until 9 this morning???
Will try later.
mandy  :pig:

princesspiggy

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2011, 12:24:02 pm »
wev used scoteid for first time, with success! yippee!
 :wave: :wave: :wave:

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2011, 12:34:50 pm »
Just been on the eid web site, it seems ok to me, i am no techi wizard and managed to see my movement details without stress, hopefully it will continue to be without problems  ;D ;D

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:26 pm »
I'm just waiting to hear back from BPA about their side of the eaml. 

I tried to input the details of the pigs going to the abattoir tomorrow.  Their ID's are there, but the date of births are wrong....they are correct on the BPA website.

I've decided to just do the eAML side of things there and input the BPA side and print off the meat certificates separately.

Hopefully I'll hear back from BPA soon.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2011, 05:35:35 pm »
wev used scoteid for first time, with success! yippee!
 :wave: :wave: :wave:
PP,

Is their a simple guide that talks this process thorugh on a scottish website?  If so can you point me at it?

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS