Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Please read. A big thank you to my freinds here at AS  (Read 5840 times)

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
Please read. A big thank you to my freinds here at AS
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:41:35 am »
I fear this is going to seem like a plug, but I promise you it isn't done in that way.

I have a website which is based on my favorite pastimes and hobbies, I have been revamping the site and currently adding a section about our smallholding.
Its only just started but I wanted to draw your attention to the first introduction; here is a very heart felt thank you to Dan & rosemary and everyone here who has helped me.
I honestly would not have had the confidence to get back to animals if it wasn't for the encouragement I have had from here; I am reminded how much one person helped, I would have loved him to have seen this but that's just not possible, dear Wizard thank you so much for your intervention and encouragement, greatly missed by many here I know.

I'm not sure where this site is going my health is somewhat deteriorating and I needed to do this and thank you while I can, to many things are left far to late.    Thank you friends.

http://www.bikerslot.co.uk/InTheBegining.html

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: Please read. A big thank you to my freinds here at AS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:45:18 am »
Thank you for writing and sharing this, from the heart.  :bouquet:

Looking forward to reading more, especially the old git's winge page.  ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:22:33 am »
Made me smile  :) Thank you.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:37:46 am »
The site looks great, Cobra.  Looking forward to reading more!  Sally x
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:45 am »
Sooooo excited for you and looking forward to reading the developments along the way.     Clouds with silver linings are always out there when you need them most  :) :farmer:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:11:47 am »
Thank you, Cobra, you have restored my faith in human nature.  Some people are grateful for the help and advice they receive after all.

Hope your health improves and you have a long time on TAS
Annie
xx :bouquet:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 02:20:18 pm »
The site looks great Cobra, looking forward to seeing more, both animal and Landrover related.
Lynn :)

Pheasant pharmer

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Ebberston, North Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:52:27 am »
Hello from a newbie  :wave:, and thanks for sharing details of your site.

I love the look and layout, and can relate the lifelong desire to own a land rover! Luckily for me
I managed to get my first one about 6 years ago, and have had another since then. Recently however our heads overtook our heart and we changed it for a Misubishi Shogun 4 works, which is great (but we secretly miss the Landy!).

All the best with the new site and the animals etc.   :thumbsup:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 09:56:02 am »
Hi Cobra  :wave:
The bit I saw of your site is great - it wouldn't let me see most of it, but I will try again.  Like you, I am a biker and also a Land Rover owner, smallholder and not in the peak of health, so I'm sure there will be lots to enjoy and empathise with when I do get on there.
I'm sorry your health seems not so good right now.  But things can improve as well as the opposite and your way of life clearly suits you - so try to keep your spirits up and enjoy what you do 8) We are all behind you here on TAS.  I'm currently getting around the smallholding in an electric trike - but hey - it gets me out there and I can do some bits.  Keep us up to date when you can  :bouquet: :wave:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:59:04 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Oddbod

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »
Hi cobra, I love the idea of smallholding with disability....I am disabled too but hate, so hate people to help me, so the more you can do yourself the better, well done, life is too short to give up!! Brill idea...I am only on here tonight as my mrs says I can use the internet!!
I look at advice and there are usualy loads of conflicting stuff, my advice is look at it all and do  your own thing!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:38:29 pm by Oddbod »

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 07:53:56 pm »
i think we all have some form illness or disability why  would we be sat in front of a screen key bashing
30 years ago it would be the last thing i would have been doing
anyway the disability malarkiy when we were down at hatfield show there was a gent showing pigs (surprize surprize)but he was in a wheelchair now most able boddied people find it hard to control a pig with the use of there legs never mind in a wheelchair and trying to get a sausage competition going as well now that is drive and ambition and not giving a flying fart about hidding his disability :farmer:

Oddbod

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 08:15:43 pm »
Thumbs up to that pig farmer, why just cause you cannot use bit of your body, are you some how less of a person? Life is full of obsticles, the worst being over sympathetic people, I see the person not how fit, fat of fast they are!!!! I love the green grass and the countryside but some silly non disabled person makes it hard to enjoy  ;) ;) So wish you well cobra, we all get a bit disabled some time but some do not realise they are!!

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 01:04:45 am »
Wow thank you for the lovely comments on my attempts with the site so far, if that's not encouragement to carry on i don't know what is: I m sorry about the content so far, such a long way to go, there are a lot of empty links at the moment but hopefully it will start to fill up with a bit of effort. I have the motivation now  ;) Now wheres that bucket of energy I was saving  :-\  ;D
Nice to see so much Landy enthusiasm about. Some really interesting comments and feedback regards ability etc, nice to see heads held high and that inner strength still strong.
Seriousely without this turning into a site advert and getting back to my initial reason for posting; my most sincere and heart felt thanks to everyone for their support, their encouragement and their ability to share experiences and knowledge so that others can enjoy a life with just that bit of reward and contentment thrown in  :bouquet:

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 01:24:51 am »
Dan & Rosmary..

Before I forget, you kindly helped me out with a banner for my other Arf's shopsite earlier in the year: One good turn and all that.. Could you forward me a banner for TAS so that I can place it on the new site? Would be very glad too  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:26:36 am by Cobra »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS