Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Incubating Duck Eggs  (Read 80700 times)

sandy

Re: Incubating Duck Eggs
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2009, 09:13:07 pm »
No want a few more and will make a cake, maybe have enough for the meeting here on Wednesday if Lilly is up to it, she sat in the small bird bath when I was filling it up tonight!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2009, 10:30:39 pm »
I have some duck eggs if you want them - can exchange for hens ones - I'm not getting any just now.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2009, 08:16:36 am »
We only had 3 yesterday!!! messsed up Steves production line ;D ;D

sandy

« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2009, 10:32:30 pm »
Well Lilly is doing well, yesterday she gave us 2 little eggs, today another little one, I suspect they will get bigger soon as at the moment they are small, it was funny today as they both went into the shed together, like a man taking his wife out!!! I cleaned out the pond as as my pump was not working had to do it with buckets, the Ducks certainly had filled up the pond with layers Mash!!!!!!  no wounder I am using a lot.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2009, 09:21:38 am »
I only got 1 duck egg this morning from 15 girls! The hens are still laying well though.

sandy

« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2009, 09:53:23 pm »
I used the Lillies eggs to make a cake, one of the 5 had a double yolk then I found another and it was huge, I cracked that one to fry and it had 3 yolks, I will post a photo of it soon, well done Lilly!!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:10:48 pm by sandy »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS