Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: holiday  (Read 2455 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
holiday
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:46:50 pm »
Just back from my yearly holiday with my mother in Shetland. This time my OH came too so he did all the driving which was great. Mum caught up with her old friends and neighbours and even went to the vicars 60 birthday party on Saturday night. She misses Shetland so much and has already started making plans for next year. On Friday my OH and myself took off for the day to catch up with my friend June Brown. We had a great time looking at ponies, talking about ponies while my OH took pictures, mother was busy with friends so I could relax and not worry that she was bored. While mum went to the party on Saturday we met up at the Lerwick Hotel with June and Norman for a meal and even more pony talk. Lovely meal which was a nice end to our holiday. Flew home Sunday and now back to work.

Sandy

Re: holiday
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:38:28 pm »
Would love to see more of this stunning country, Scotland, hope to do that when we get a motor home again!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:46:21 pm »
I remember you posting about your holiday last year.  Shetland is always somewhere I have wanted to visit......not much hope when I have all these animals though.

calamityjane

• Joined Aug 2011
  • sauchie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:43:19 am »
my friend wullie goes there every year takes a dear friend back to visit his isle hope to visit next year love hearing about his visits n his friends he stayed there many years ago  def going to start visit our beautiful scotland

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:05:03 pm »
I regard Shetland as home, mother lived there for over 27 years years. She went to manage a shoe shop for her boss in Aberdeen suppose to be for 6 months but then he asked her to stay on. She met Allen Henderson and they got married. He was born and bred in Shetland and a nice kind man. When he passed away mother moved to be near my brother at Leshmahgow, he has poor health. She made us promise to take her back to Shetland when she dies. Its a place that gets under your skin, I have seen it in all weathers over the years and would recomend anyone to visit as its such a beautiful place. :)

starcana

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »
Lovely post. I worked in the Lerwick Hotel as a receptionist in the summer of 1974, when I was a student on Teesside. A group of us went up for the summer - in those days it was a place with more jobs than people so great for student holiday jobs. Oil work was just starting. All of my friends worked in the Youngs factory packing fish - some did some shifts on Bressay in the 'gut factory'.' I was the lucky one. Most of them camped. I shared a caravan on the site of the hotel, with the waitressing staff. Great memories.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS