Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: members being robbed att forfar mart  (Read 13203 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: members being robbed att forfar mart
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 10:56:00 am »
I think this has gone a bit off track.

OP certainly doesnt need to change the way he writes on here (altho' the reality is some wont put in the extra effort needed to read them: that limits the readership a bit for the posts), but nothing at Forfar mart will change unless they take his complaint seriously. And I worry that they won't if it was worded/presented as it was to the forum.

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:41 am »
If enough folk can get together, why not hold your own sales ?

As far as i know, you don't need a licence for poultry & waterfowl auctions, plus it gives everyone a decent chance to look over stock.

Held locally once a month or so, could be a good way of making new aquaintances or catching up with old ones.

Plus the added bonus of zero fees   ;D

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 12:33:17 pm »
My point was not to be mean to someone with difficulties in spelling, writing or reading and I think the responses have gone a bit over the top given the posts - I don't think anyone was "having a go"!  However, it is difficult, as I'm sure you all understand, to read something that is not particularly legible.  If Forfar Mart read what was written, it wouldn't be taken seriously and THAT is the problem.  I used to be a solicitor and can tell you that noone in a position of authority will take matters seriously unless they are presented properly.  Obviously the initial post here wasn't to Forfar Mart and therefore shouldn't matter too much but if a similar letter/complaint went to Forfar Mart then I don't think they would consider it.  If anyone is wanting to complain formally and put it in writing, I am more than happy to help out with the grammer etc if it means that the complaint will be taken seriously - which is, of course, the point!!
melanie x

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »
perhaps we do get sensitive about things... ;) .....and yes one can get tied up in politically correct knots !!!

Anyway, it may have been a good idea if those comments/ suggestions about legibility had been made privately, rather than on the public forum, given that they could be taken in a negative way. 

Just an observation, mind!!! ::) ::)
Emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 03:38:59 pm »
Funny, I came away from Forfar mart the last time feeling robbed aswell, but it wasn't the Mart that was causing the problems was it Gary? 8)
Nor indeed 6 weeks later when I met you again at Thainstone! Nope, I was quite happy with my dealings inside the Mart but again I seem to have went home with a few birds that were not what I was told they were or what I paid for!

I don't have a problem with your spelling, Gary just your business attitude. 8)
10 cockerels which were sold as girls, chocolate orpingtons that turned out black, light sussex with rose combs, and gold laced wyandotte females - well god knows what they were but when they started to crow they went into the pot.
And not even an apology!

Wow... that is exactly the thing that puts me off buying at auction or on e-bay, especially poultry!

On the other hand I think it is a matter of common courtesy to others to use a spell/grammar checker if available. I could not make anything out of the first post, and yes it would be a shame if serious complaints/suggestions get ignored because of bad spelling/grammar, but it would have gone into the bin in my office too!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 07:14:05 pm »
I am more than happy to help out with the grammer etc
;D ;D ;D

Grammer??

Not a great advert for your skills melodrama   ;) ;)
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

deepinthewoods

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »
oooouch!!  ;D

robert waddell

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25:04 pm »
i like this thread                just sitting on the side :D :farmer: :wave:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25:59 pm »
 ;)

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30:35 pm »
acht.....I give up !!! ;) :D ;D
ET
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Sandy

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »
 :) Happiness is enjoying what you are and what you have not what you wish you had or what you wish you were.....a lot of millionairs are not hot with grammer or spelling...I am neither hot or rich by a long shot on both counts!!!

bamford6

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 09:34:51 pm »
iv never had money i invest in big things tractor etc then lend for cash

Sandy

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:18 pm »
Thats good thinking and business, plus doing others who cannot afford the big stuff a favor!! ;)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 10:13:27 pm »
I am more than happy to help out with the grammer etc
;D ;D ;D

Grammer??

Not a great advert for your skills melodrama   ;) ;)

ha ha oops - just goes to show eh ha ha we are all fallible ha ha  ::) ::) ;D ;D :-*

Sandy

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »
I used a spell and a grammar check on an important report for a disabled boy when I work in Social Services, as I was in a hurry I did not read the corrections too well so printed copies for all the panel to readm and it ended up me saying in the report   "...he is a well manured boy and goes to school in a posh chair" ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS