Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: members being robbed att forfar mart  (Read 13201 times)

bamford6

members being robbed att forfar mart
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:17:36 am »
REGULATIONS A CONDITIONS FOR THE SALE OFF POULTREY A WATERFOWL ,UPSET PRICE ON HATCHINING EGGS A MINIMUM STARTING BID OFF £5 WILL APPLY TO EACH LOT OFF EGGS £1 BELOW WICH THE LOT WILL SELL .IFF THE UPSET PRICE IS NOT BID THE AUCTIONER WILL PASS ON TO THE NEXT LOT . The cost per 12 eggs or tray is  £1 20 iff its not sold YOU pay £1  so the bidder has to pay  £5TO start like it or not  .i put in 10 to 15 lots and iff some 1 gets them for £1 well thats good  but naw its  £5 minimum bid, I WILL NOT SELL MY EGGS UNDER THESE CONDITIONS its July the hatching season is nearly over. i would off put a good selection in the sale  .The pens are £6 inc vat and 10% commission off the sale off each lot. . The sale that was in the spring was not set out right the caterlog was on the day the birds wernt off the floorer. iff they wont a good sale and the money they need to get there act in order first . iv done 6 sales eggs go up at £1 and iff they dont make no more thats itt iv lost and the sale loose but the person gets the eggs for £1, att thainstone i got £53 pound a tray off chocolate orpingtons. iff they made a  £1 so be it ,att Carlyle i got £150 for 12 light Sussex eggs all the eggs are off quality stock .on sunday some folk came for hatching eggs for there  incubator they needed  fresh eggs ,i said iff you pay  £40 and have all off the days eggs you can have them all, no problem i cut the grass and they took the eggs from all the pens some 250 eggs. Att the minute ,you need to be fare with folk .each pen should make £50 to 80 pound they get £6 per pen and 10 % commission ,so its big money for the sale some people will travel 100 miles and make a good effort with there stock . i wonder iff it will be run right or a disaster like the last time. i will send this thread to forfar mart and see iff we can have a caterlog a week before .i think the sales will be set up on members land no commission to these sales bid and take a way the old way off selling eggs and stock .
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:15:15 pm by bamford6 »

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: members being robbed att forfar mart
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »
I hope they find it easier to read than I did... :-\

They will probably sit up and take notice if it isnt in 'shouty capitals' and has a few more sentences, it's a bit stream of consciousness?

Only saying this because the points you are making are good ones which they need to address, it would be a shame for them to get away with ignoring it, you want them to read it.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:37:43 pm »
I agree, this is unfortunately a little difficult to read and may not get the point across that you want it to.  Sorry x

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:48:57 pm »
I just knew that having a spell check on the reply box was a worthwhile addition, all we need now is a grammar check.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:56:16 pm by tizaala »

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:11:39 pm »
I got the point perfectly. Do they or do they not want the "little man" to support their market? If they are going to put a minimum on their prices and charge a large selling fee they may find their business struggling.
At our local smallholder's market you take your stuff in, book it in and if it sells, you pay a percentage of the selling price, if not, you take your stock home, no problem.
Our market is a friendly affair with lots of chat and jokes and a lot of bargains and a little bit to be made perhaps and a bit of business being done. I would hate it become a harassed affair with bad feelings.
Have a word with the auctioneers and try to get support from other sellers/ buyers.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 06:45:13 pm »
Hello Bamford6 , Just trying to help, I do understand your literacy problem, but it might help your posts in future,  after you compose what you want to say but before you actually post , if you click the box that says 'spell check' it will run through what you have written and give you the option of correcting any mistakes before they get published. You will also find the government run adult literacy classes to help people in your situation, you are not on your own, there are lots of people out there who didn't do well at school and caught up later with a little help. call in to your local library and ask about courses in your area.
best wishes and good luck.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 06:58:55 pm »
whatever.
 i got you bamford. good point, well made.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: members being robbed at Forfar mart
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:00 pm »
For anyone else wishing to criticise someone who puts a lot into this forum, and can't be bothered to try to understand what Gary says, here is his text with spelling and punctuation corrected.  Just you stay as you are Gary!  You have had enough to contend with without having to go and learn stuff.  You can make yourself understood perfectly well.  Hope I got this right, Gary?

REGULATIONS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SALE OF POULTRY AND WATERFOWL
Upset price on hatching eggs - a minimum starting bid of £5 will apply to each lot of eggs  £1 below which the lot will sell. If the upset price is not bid the auctioneer will pass onto the next lot. The cost per 12 eggs or tray is  £1.20,  if its not sold YOU pay £1  so the bidder has to pay  £5 to start, like it or not.  I put in 10 to 15 lots and if someone gets them for £1, well thats good,  but now it's £5 minimum bid, I WILL NOT SELL MY EGGS UNDER THESE CONDITIONS!

It's July, the hatching season is nearly over.  I would have put a good selection into the sale.  The pens are £6 inc vat and 10% commission off the sale of each lot.  The sale that was in the spring was not set out right; the catalogue was on the day the birds went off the floor.  If they want a good sale and the money, they need to get their act in order first. I've done 6 sales; eggs go up at £1 and if they don't make no more thats it, I've lost, and the sale loses, but the person gets the eggs for £1.  At Thainstone I got £53 pound a tray of Chocolate Orpingtons. If they made a  £1 so be it!  At Carlisle I got £150 for 12 light Sussex eggs.  All the eggs are of quality stock.  On Sunday some folk came for hatching eggs for their  incubator; they needed  fresh eggs.  I said 'if you pay £40 and have all of the days eggs you can have them all, no problem.' I cut the grass and they took the eggs from all the pens some 250 eggs. At the minute, you need to be fair with folk.  Each pen should make £50 to £80 pound:  They get £6 per pen and 10 % commission, so its big money for the sale.  Some people will travel 100 miles and make a good effort with their stock.  I wonder if it will be run right or a disaster like the last time. I will send this thread to forfar mart and see if we can have a catalogue a week before.  I think the sales will be set up on members land, no commission to these sales, bid and take away, the old way of selling eggs and stock.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:39:37 pm »
bamford, I spell wrong ALL the time, I have to alter what I say to suit the words I can spell!! in fact, I didn't notice as I flash read stuff all the time and I don't have half as much as you to do!!!!

I worked some where once and some one corrected what I had wrote and I was soooooo angry and it was my recording of an incident and not thiers!!!!!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 10:14:02 pm »
Gary, your reading and writing are fine, you are getting ideas across which is the whole point of writing. If you want more 'polish' fair enough but if not, don't be stressed about it.
My hubby is the same and also learned at school to make his handwriting so bad they couldn't tell if he was spelling right or not  :D But he was always feeling he should improve things. I asked him if he really wanted to spend time on it, if in fact it was holding him back at all - he decided it wasn't and he'd rather go kayaking  :D

Anyway, back to the point of your post, we've had this trouble with one of our local marts that they don't put a 'reserve' on pens that actually covers the entry fee  >:( I think there should be some sort of minimum for pens and for eggs, below which they don't sell. And then sellers can say 'no, i just need to get rid, sell them whatever' or 'not below the minimum'. Otherwise why would you risk entering good quality birds and eggs. Also no catalogue in advance is hopeless, when i have my sensible head on (rare  ;)) I look at catalogues to see if I'm actually going to go to a sale. 

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:18:02 am »
We don't have to pay for pens at our market, all we pay is the commision on sold lots and the buyers premium on bought lots. We only have a catalogue for the two or three rare and minority breeds sales per year, where the birds are judged (and often found wanting ;D)
Having said this, I think folk would be dropping to the floor in droves if 12 L.S. eggs made £150...........more like £1-50 here!!
Bamford, I can read and spell but, put a column of figures in front of me or ask me to measure up for a shelf and I'm sunk. Figures don't and never have made sense to me. It hasn't made any difference to my life though, I just get someone to do it for me ;D ;D

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 08:47:32 am »
Here, here!!!!! Lisdesxics Rool!!

This is not a formal forum....if we are interested in what our friends say, we listen - no matter how it is said, spelt, or what ever type of language is used.  Lets not get tied up in pedantics.

Gary, you make good points.... as always. Keep expressing your ideas, information and thoughts etc. WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE - LOUD AND CLEAR !!!

My brother, at this very moment, is climbing Muztagh Ata, one of the highest peaks in China. Its a personal challenge which took many months to prepare for, but as a sideline (because we have a lot of dyslexia in the family) James is raising funds for the British Dyslexia Association. If anyone would like to support this, here's the Just Giving web address for his page.
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Shipton 

Just a wee plug!!  ::) ::)
Emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:59:36 am »
Gary, sorry I dont understand why should they start at £5.00  if it means they will not sell nearly as many trays and anyway starting low encourages people to bid.  I think they are on to a big loser here. 
Anyway I hope your protest reaches the right ears and they actually listen.   :D

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
strangly bamford makes perfect sense to me. what really puts me off posting is when folks think they are better than others. we don't come on forums to be judged on our english. I am dyslexic and i really can't be arsed to spend hours spell checking and grammer checking.
garry you do a great job in a very tough area. for you still to be there proves it.

Sandy

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:22 am »
I have always said, if it came to me having to spell and be correct with grammer etc, I would not post, to me this is a way of expressing your thoughts, feelings and advice, if some one wants proper grammer then buy mags or books!!!!!

(I hate being corrected unless its a legal doc!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS