Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tefal Jam Maker ??  (Read 21357 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Tefal Jam Maker ??
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 12:01:04 pm »
My sister in-law has one of those Mexican chimineas. They look lovely and you can do a barbecue on them, but nothing like these beautiful ovens you can actually cook and bake outside in like in the Mediterranean. Oh, keep dreaming...:&>

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:04:44 pm »
i think you coud cook in them here just not all year round might be benaicialy to have a 'door' on the front.

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 06:29:01 pm »
I've just managed to blag some clay frome a friend who's having a load delivered to line a pond - so will be trying out the idea of a pizza oven in the next couple of weeks.. I'll let you know how it works!

Have you tried making jam in the microwave? You can only make it in small batches but it works well. I like to make mine in a jam pan though, then I can make plenty! Which reminds me - I've got a whole load of Seville oranges in the freezer just waiting to be marmalade! Must get on with it.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 06:33:39 pm »
your making me hungry

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 06:39:20 pm »
I'm making ME hungry!! lol

HappyHippy

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 07:20:21 pm »
I had some LOVELY marmalade at Xmas - it was a 'Mrs Bridges' celebration marmalade that had champagne in it, now I like marmalade - but this was out of this world  ;D only problem was it was a mini pot which lasted all of 2 goes and I've not been able to find it in the shops since  :(
Might be worth trying Carole ?

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 07:22:52 pm »
isn't champagne fermented Pears ?
so if you could get some pear juice then might taste simlar?

could totally be wrong

Linz

rustyme

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 07:31:50 pm »
I think champagne is just a form of extra fermented white wine...pears make perry as apples make cider... think I am right on that ? but I don't drink , so don't know that much about it ....

cheers

Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 07:35:17 pm »
lol so any white wine in marmalade lol

i don't drink either and i don't like champagne lol

I thank we had been give lots amount of bottles of wine/sprints etc i have given to the local church raffles as they have been sitting in the cupboard for about 6months (which was the time we got them)
Linz

rustyme

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »
http://www.wineperspective.com/making_champagne.htm

I don't even use wine or whatever in cooking and don't even like the smell of champers.....

Russ

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »
I love champagne (and marmalade ) but rather than mix them, I would just as soon drink the first whilst making the other!! :D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 08:36:47 pm »
I'm with you Carol. If I was rich, I'd drink a lot of champagne.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 09:05:20 pm »
I think I might owe my OH a bottle of bubbly - the duck in question for our bet is most likely a girl and I was so sure I would win! I'll wait for the extra egg for 3 days in a row before I buy it though lol. It will have to be a Cava for our budget, but I do get indigestion on too much of it anyway, cheap or expensive, so one glass only to celebrate ! :&>

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 10:06:44 am »
I have a tefel jam maker, I bought it last year and it is fantastic!!!!!

Cant wait to use it again this year, it is quick and easy and as long as you clean it straight away it is almost mess free :)

It makes excellent jam in small quantities, obvioulsly you would need to do a couple of loads for bigger batches but it is idiot proof.

Dawn

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 12:47:36 am »
Wow at last someone who has actually used one LOL

Glad to hear that you think it is good - that's it now Tefal Jam Maker is definitely on my list.  Can you tell how much persuasion I needed (or not as the case is)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS