Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 5743 times)

The Devon Molecatcher

• Joined Feb 2009
« on: February 07, 2009, 09:06:57 pm »
Hi everyone I guess my user name gives it away !? I was brought up in a small hamlet near York, no pub ,no shop just farms. Dad had a few pigs,chickens, dogs n cats.Somehow I got into industry but now I am living in Devon and back to my roots.
You sound like a nice bunch-I read the mole catching thing-if anyone needs any free tips or advice let me know,
Best Wishes

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:12:53 pm »
Hello and welcome to the TAS forums.

Is there any use for moleskin (thinking trousers here)?

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:36:17 am »
helllo- i love ebing on this forum - everybody is so helpful and friendly - I am in lincolnshire and the mole problem on my exs 4 acres thats  she has is a huge problem- If only you lived close by we could offer wonderful cream doughnuts on tap for you and lashings of tea and coffee in our quest to radicate these machines that love to make such massive  mounds everywhere. I keep thinking of bill murrey in caddyshack as the  garderner on the golf course -( wasnt moles in that case but the comparisons are so similar ;D )

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:39:43 pm »
Hello and welcome from the very cold  north east of Scotland

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:43:25 pm »
Hello from me too,

In a snowy Lanarkshire.  ;D
My moles seem to have deserted me over that last couple of years (not that I'm complaining in the slightest!) But I hadn't actually done anything to try and get rid of them - other than an army of ferrel cats about the place, who love catching them.
Would there be any other reason for them leaving an area ? Just curious  ???
Karen   :pig:

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 06:02:03 pm »
hi moley welcome to the madhouse ::)

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 06:40:54 pm »
think  happy hippies moles got the national express to glasgow - changed at doncaster - got a taxi to nats land and found a new homemaking a mess of her little bit of happiness hehehe- i would breath a sigh of relief karen  ;D ;D ;D

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 07:39:57 pm »
Hi there, walked across my land 2 days ago, beautiful untouched snow for as far as you can see other than............aghh black mounds popping up like chicken pox!!! :o :o
oh and by the way, hello and welcome!! :D
juliag

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:15:20 am »
i have a surprise for nat - over weekend and early next week im going to clean up the mounds and she can return to a field  of her dreams again - then if i keepa eye on it every day we  wont have to look at them all the time -

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 03:33:23 pm »
Hi Moley

you might like to watch this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0077srz/Wildlife_on_Two_Unearthing_the_Mole/

know your enemy!!! LOL

welcome

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 03:23:28 pm »
boo hoo=-iplayer have removed the clip- heheh - Very  cold here today and wanted tomake a start clearing the mole hills- will try over weekend  if it gets milder  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 06:08:57 pm »
Welcome from Brittany, we have moles too.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS