Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: border collie cross puppies ONLY 3 LEFT!-- notts  (Read 12933 times)

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
    • just left of the 20th century
Re: border collie cross puppies ONLY 3 LEFT!-- notts
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 11:08:44 am »
The price is for the exact reason as some of you have stated!!!! i dont want some 'doss along city idiot' thinking one night 'sod it lets have a dog' and then seeing me beautiful pup up 'free to good home' 5 mins later..to answer another question they are crossed with boxers..try getting one of them pure bred for less than £600!!!!!!!! i have had 4 of these litters in 4 years and have sold at this price every time!,i can name every single owner and every pups name and most send me pics on their b/days to show me how they have grown! 1, 'luna' from the first litter is at top level in doggy uni (agility and obediance) and most are well loved/well trained family pets and also the odd working dog..including our 2 ,18 month old sisters that we kept!!soo if you dont like it and only have £20 to spend........ :P :-* ;) ;D

We have pups sold to all kinds of people..1 in kent,1 in portugal!,1 on a barge up and down the country! and several up noth too..so some people must think their worth it!..i do!

So if you are wanting a lovely cross that will love you just the same no matter how much you pay! then come see me..

GOOD HOMES ONLY,NO OFFERS OR TIMEWASTERS........ :dog: :dog: :dog:
'can't rain all the time!'

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 11:57:30 am »
That's an interesting cross, would you like to let us see some of the photos?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:06 pm »
Arh, a Box of collies or a BoardBox, or colliebox, that sounds nice.  After all, how many of us are not crosses :)

I sell our labs and sometimes you get the odd phone call from some one wanting some thing under £100 and I do think that you need to be able to feed the dogs properly, get vets in when necessary and be able to give them the usual checks, jabs and de fleeed etc, mind you, I suppose we all have children that we eventualy cannot afford either :;)

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 05:45:32 pm »
I believe I know Lunar and if she is the same (East Yorks area!!) and I think she must be then she is a lovely dog

Sandy

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 08:44:51 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 09:45:30 am »
I have no wish to offend anyone.BUT  in my honest opinion i think the desire for 'hippocrockapoos' is nothing more than a way of generating cold hard cash from 'beloved'pets. A bit of extra cash/income....that in recessive times get harder to sell on and quite often become a further strain on the animal welfare services.
However i don't believe this to be purely a thing of cross breeding i think there are plenty of unscrupulous people out there using their animals for cash.

KERRCHING..... :-[

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 12:10:14 pm »
Is that not what farmers and smallholder do?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 12:14:48 pm »
Is that not what farmers and smallholder do?
But they don't think up fancy names to con people into thinking they are something special!  I think that's the point - trying to get more money for mongrels than pure breds when it should be the other way around.  My pal has a litter of labradoodles aged 13 weeks, no enquiries for them, so perhaps the tide is changing.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Nina

• Joined Sep 2010
  • North/Mid wales
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »
Not sure about intentionally breeding these designer dogs - But Boxer x Collies are brilliant dogs - Such happy souls!!!  And hopefully without the health problems prevalent in pedigree boxers.  :D

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 02:08:09 pm »
i dont get offended by what people say..each to their own...we dont give silly name sto ours..they are x breeds not fancy new breeds! yes that will be luna in south yorks.such a lovely dog she is too! ;D

we have x breed pigs that we sell too and as stated before dont we as smallholders breed and sell/eat our stock to try and make ends meat????

i am not a breeder in the sense that i have rows of kennels full of dogs! i have a few pet dogs and have had 1 litter per year for a few years and thats it..all are in the house and are pets first,well loved and well kept as all our animals are..they come first!!
we always worm and flea them and also they come with a starter pack incl food and toy,blanket,treats and so on...f i sold them for £20 it would cost me to give them away!!not really going to happen is it...

i will try to add some pics but i keep trying and even when i shrink them smaller than needed it doesn't work..i'll try again though!

Sandy

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 03:00:16 pm »
Simple, if some one wants to buy a type of dog then its thier choice, they are no more a stupid than people buying anything else!!!!!

The people that do need sorting out are those who just let thier dog out to wander and have pups from an unknown breed, any one buying a pup like that will take a chance of how it turns out, eg, someones cute little mugral thats calm and good with kids could have a night of love with an agressive big dog, the pups could end up snappy little killers!!

One little point, arn't all dogs crossed intialy to aquire the traites required? 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 03:58:53 pm »
Not sure about intentionally breeding these designer dogs - But Boxer x Collies are brilliant dogs - Such happy souls!!!  And hopefully without the health problems prevalent in pedigree boxers.  :D
Not strictly true - if the boxer parent has the genes for a herditary condition it may well pass it on.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 04:05:03 pm »
One little point, arn't all dogs crossed intialy to aquire the traites required? 
Yes, away back in the mists of time they are, but an awful lot of thought, knowledge, breeding, and work goes into creating individual breeds. It's not just a case of putting a  bitch of one breed to a dog of another.  Incidentally these designer cross breeds can't reproduce themselves - if you mate a cockerpoo to a cockerpoo you don't get more cockerpoos, you get cockers that are mismarked and all sizes, and poodles that are mismarked and all sizes, and run the risk of diseases from both breeds.The Kennel Club states that a breed must breed true to type for 7 generations before it can be registered with them. 

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »
a pic finally..........this is one of the girls already sold..x.x.x.x

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 07:07:13 pm »
Just gorgeous!  :love: I love puppies of any sort.  Had my fill on Wednesday - flatcoats in the morning then Doodles and GSPs in the afternoon.  All sooooooo cuddly, and a couple of lovely week old foals too, a coloured and a bay.  Bet you had fun clipping all those little toe pins! ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS