Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice please - which Kenwood ? Or other ?  (Read 11211 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Advice please - which Kenwood ? Or other ?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:16 pm »
Kitchenaid in the US is half the price of one back home.  I wanted to buy a nice shiny red one to bring back with me but had forgotten about the voltage difference.  >:(

I did consider using an adaptor but have been told the motor is likely to burn out more quickly and also it wouldn't be covered by the warranty.  Ah well, I will just have to save my pennies when I get back.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 08:32:14 pm »
I LOVE my Kitchenaid, but I had a kenwood prior to that which O thought was going to live longer than me. Alas, it did not and so I had to find a replacement. I really don't rate the newer Kenwoods, god knows what they have done, but the build quality just isnt there.

I also have hand held 2 pronged whisk. Made by Dualit and brilliant.

Last but by no means least is my much adored Magimix. Ahhhh..... Buy the most expensive you can and then enjoy it!!!
I still like to make my butter in large kilner jars (food and a workout) but when time is short the magimix is a godsend. Just love the darn thing.

Happy shopping!  ;)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 12:56:47 am »
I've ordered one of the Braun hand-held blenders, will see what I think I need once I've got that and found out what I can - and can't - do with it.

Will it churn butter for me?  (Else am planning to exercise my wrists while I watch a film on telly one evening... shake that jar!  :D)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 07:15:28 am »
I've never used mine for butter, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it will......
 :goat:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »
Hmmm,
I think shaking the jar will get the best results.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:32 pm »
Oh it definitely does. We have proper butter churns from Ascott for use in the training Dairy but they aren't as good. I really like using a jar. You can see at what point the cream breaks and it's fun!

McR
 :wave:

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 07:59:09 pm »
I'm a kenwood fan...had my major for years and it even did all my mixing when we had a restuarant and hotel...it's grinding a bit when I make bread now but the whole thing is repairable with spares and there is also a firm that does a service for you. I honestly dont think I could manage without it...that and my food processor which gets changed every 3 years or so

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 12:22:06 am »
Well I made butter today, just in a jar.  See http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=16197.0

So I now know I don't need anything other than a jar for making butter!   :D

But I have ordered my Braun stick blender and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

You guys are brilliant!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS