Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kennel Club Good Citizen Scheme  (Read 24001 times)

Sandy

Re: Kennel Club Good Citizen Scheme
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:02 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 10:25:04 pm »
Evening Sandy  :wave: - love the photo btw - still can't work-out how to get mine on here, had to get Karen to post the piglet pics for me last night  :dunce: :-[
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Sandy

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
They have to be very small, I waste so much time altering them when I should be ????????? Cleaning

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »
Cleaning  :o - non me comprehendo  ;) ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43:27 pm »
Cleaning  :o - non me comprehendo  ;) ;D
Me neither - Sandy does a lot of cleaning.  She reaffirms my belief that I would not want a B & B!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 11:14:18 pm »
Arh, I can go to work and earn £ in my nightie!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:54 pm »
Just got back from our training class where Freckles won her Gold Award tonight.  Had to be upsides down with her nephew - even at 10 years old!  After a lifetime of gundog stuff basic obedience was something new for her.  It is totally different - quite close work needed, and focus on me rather than on the birds.  Well pleased - 2 down one to go!  Just Belle now.  Bobby will do it with my friends Paul and Pam when he goes to live with them next week - they were devastated when they lost their previous Brittany and asked for him. It'll suit him down to the ground being an only child!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 11:37:28 pm »
Well done  :trophy:

Sandy

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 06:43:28 am »
Good going both!!!    :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 12:07:15 pm »
You should try it, Sandy - great fun, for both dogs and owners.  I like all my dogs to have something else to do other than shoots in the winter months.

Sandy

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 12:35:01 pm »
Not a club person at all, the gun dog training now and again is enough for me!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »
It's NOT a club!  It is organised training classes.  The gundog ones are fine but they aren't proper obedience.  After all a retriever retrieves - that's what they were bred to do.  A shooting dog is a different matter.  They need to be obedient and this helps that.  A lab needs to be able to sit still for very long periods of time as a peg dog,

Are you doing seens, memories, blinds, splits etc yet?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 09:54:24 pm »
Well done,  :trophy:  it's great fun to do . Almost ready for bronze with ' obi ' our  7 mth gsd pup  :love:
Also working at working trials with this boy as missed not doing it with my last boy but he had attitude problems ( brain problem we think) and severe leg pain at times. Love the atmosphere with other competitors at trials, very unlike show world I found.  I think the difference being we are not competing against each other as such, several dogs can be awarded the same marks and pass the awards.
How does field trials work?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:14 pm »
Well done,  :trophy:  it's great fun to do . Almost ready for bronze with ' obi ' our  7 mth gsd pup  :love:
Also working at working trials with this boy as missed not doing it with my last boy but he had attitude problems ( brain problem we think) and severe leg pain at times. Love the atmosphere with other competitors at trials, very unlike show world I found.  I think the difference being we are not competing against each other as such, several dogs can be awarded the same marks and pass the awards.
How does field trials work?
Good luck with OBi's bronze.  The testers are fairly sympathetic with puppy I find.  Our one was pretty tough on Monday I thought.  She only passed Freckles out of 5 of them.

Field Trials are for  gundogs but there are four different groups - 'spaniels', 'retrievers', 'pointers and setters', and 'Hunt Point retrievers'.

The Spaniels have to hunt in a  pattern, quartering the beat they are given,  within gun range (50 yards approx), flush anything in front of them, and show they are steady to the shot and the fall of game and should have the ability to retrieve on command.  This applies to retrievers too, except they don't have to show any hunting ability, but they are asked to do more complicated retrieves - longer distances(300 yards sometimes), more awkward finds; where the bird may have fallen in an awkward place they have to use their noses to find it.  They have to show steadiness to game falling all around them in a driven shoot.  They must not move till told to do so.
Pointers and Setters have to show hunting ability, that they point/sett to game, flush on command and are steady to the flush and shot.  Hunter Pointer retrievers have to do everything.  Show good hunting pattern, find and point game, hold teh point till told to flush, sit to flush and shot, wait till told to retrieve no matter where it has landed, and all of them have to retrieve to hand without damage to the game.  That;s the basics but there's a lot more to it than that.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS