Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Battle Continues  (Read 5695 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: The Battle Continues
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:06 am »
Good to hear from you even if things are still so hard, I was wondering too but didn't like to ask until you were ready to tell so thanks for keeping in touch when you can and know there are lots of vibes and thoughts and good wishes supporting you out here even when you feel alone with your animals and your problems.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 09:57:37 am »
Hello Faith and OH - thank you for updating us, have been thinking of you but as the others have already said it seems wrong to message you to ask how you are (both).
you are both lovely people and between you will get through this. The animals will help you, I've lost track of the tears my girl goat Savannah has soaked up from me, they just have a way about them don't they?
please take care and you know where I am if ever you want to have a cry/scream/laugh/chat - whatever...
Lisa xxx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 10:10:30 am »
We're with you, sweetheart all the way.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »
Hi Everyone, thanks again for all your messages you are all incredible people  :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :wave:

Manian the hardest thing i found coping with the treatment was watching my OH, go down hill and get so poorly, our heads are trained to think treatment makes you well but the treatment you get to fight the big C completely floors you, they nearly have to kill you to kill the cancer, its a hard thing to watch and very hard to deal with, my thoughts are with you, if you ever need to talk message me  :bouquet:

We are just taking it one day at a time, OH has good days and bad days, his voice is getting stronger, his sense of humour is coming back, but he is very weak, half hour walk with the dogs is enough, the swallowing is proving more difficult he is again nil by mouth, he just finds it too painfull to swallow anything even with the morphene, and it sets of coughing and choking so thats a no go at the moment.

OH son is coming back up at the week end so we can all go to the review together next wednesday, that will be the biggy, really want to go and hear how everything is but i dont want to go either if that makes any sense,  i just want this all over now, its bloody awful  :bouquet:

Sandy

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:39 pm »
Hard to get enough strength to cope with it all, animals help keep you both going!!!! we are all sending some strength via the internet!!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:12 pm »
I really hope the review holds good news for your husband - anyone who goes through that treatment deserves to hear that its working for them.

Sending you lots of good vibes that all will be well.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS